FRCFoamies SBACH 342 Advanced Profile Parkjet

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Sep 6, 2015.

1. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guys, let me just say, don't spend too much time (and weight) reinforcing! This plane is so light it does not need parkjet reinforcements. I prototyped with MPF and the only reinforcements necessary are these :
    The fuselage benefits from a diagonal brace like the top pic and to prevent flutter, I placed this thin tape (bottom pic) on the leading edge. Clear packing tape is invisible. I only got flutter on 3s from the prop wash, but other than that, the minimal amount of remaining flex is not worth adding extra weight. And with depron, Jay has no additional bracing and his video speaks volumes!
    This is a test video, but you'll see the stiffness is not a problem even in a food amount of wind. You'll notice whenever I'm not flying into the wind, the wind is taking it away. Still, the remaining flex is not an issue. I'm using the heads up 400 sport motor on 800 3s with 8040x3 prop.....

Our Website :www.frcfoamies.com
    My youtube :www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    flyhighhobbies likes this.
  2. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I have some 8x3.8 slo-flyer props in my box,will it work with the microjet on this,I have read this size is ok but can i use a slow fly prop

3. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Yes, that's what Jay is using on his MJv3 on 2s!

4. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Great,I was wondering what i was going to use them on,found 10 of them for 3 bucks at a yard sale a while back.

F1wanabe likes this.
  5. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Just seen it on the plans.I try to build and set it up in my head before i even put my plans together

F1wanabe likes this.
  6. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Yeah I dorked my landing this time....

Embarrassing but a quick fix none the less. I should know better than to dead stick on a gusty day against a profile.

Very. ..very nice little profile guys. Definitely a fair weather bird but it is a hoot to fly.

Give me a couple weeks to find point and I'll run it through some of my abuse. Starting with the one wing fence.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  7. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Cut my parts out after tapeing my plans together,don't know why but i'm looking at a 38 inch wing span to the end of the tabs ,printed the same way i did with all my planes but this one's mesurements are off,now what ? I was planning to use a micro jet set up like Jay but it might end up under powered.

8. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

38 inches "is" the wingspan. I didn't take an exact measure but held a yard stick across it.

I had used the same setup on 2s and trust me. ..you will have plenty of power to carry her.

9. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Just measured mine and its exactly 36 inches wingspan, 35 in length from motor mount back. Sounds like a printing issue. Did you use the tiled plan or print out the full pdf? I stopped using tiled years ago because of the irregularities my home printer was giving me on a regular basis. In either case, 38 inches will not effect the use of the MJv3 at all, Jimbo. Just keep the weight in the right range and you'll be good!

10. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

width is suppose to be 906mm witch equals 35 43/64 of an inch as advertized and on the plans.

F1wanabe likes this.
  11. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I used the tiled plans and printed the same way I did with all your other plans,I'll build it at this size for now but Im going to have to resize every page on the next one ,it just seems to big at this size to me.

12. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

I'll check with others who used the tiled plans to be sure. What printer settings do you have on the printer? 100 percent, Scale to fit, etc? It's possible other planes were off by a little too but the wingspan was smaller so it was less noticeable. How's the length? I gave up on printing at home due to those issues.

13. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

It seems we are the only two guy's that came out with a larger plan.

14. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I' useing adobe reader and it says 87 % but is printed at 100 %.the fusalodge is 31 and a 1/2 motor mount to hinge.the measurement on the plan came out to 52mm

15. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

hmmm. I'm checking with others who use tiled to see if its something with the file. But, It'll fly well, I'm sure! I'll let you know shortly, Jimbo! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

16. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I stand corrected. .. I am at 36". I should have actually measured point to point.

I built mine from a full sheet plan.

17. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

18. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Ok, i printed the scale page with Adobe Reader -page 11 - and mine is exactly right.....
    [​IMG]
    Using these settings...
    [​IMG]
    It sounds like your settings may be off if you have 87 percent?

Our Website :www.frcfoamies.com
    My youtube :www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

Airflow likes this.
  19. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

just resized correctly,reprinting the whole thing over again, i can save the wing foam but have to cut a whole new fuse and center peace ,I'm glad those were the only parts i cut out.

F1wanabe likes this.
  20. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator