FRCFoamies SBACH 342 Advanced Profile Parkjet

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Sep 6, 2015.

1. unclejamal

unclejamal Ace Pilot

2. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Clockwise...

From the perspective of the pilot seat.

F1wanabe and Wildthing like this.
  3. What if it is a pusher and I look to the rear????? :D

F1wanabe and TacticalFlight like this.
  4. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Ok guys, this being my 1st profile plane, I need some advice on servo and electronic placement. Obviously I know where my aileron servo goes, as that spot is cut out. But for CG considerations, I am not sure where to place my elevon and rudder servo's, and where to place the ESC, Rx and battery. Does ESC and RX go on one side, and the battery on the other?

Anyone have pics of their servo and electronics setup?

Thanks guys. Want to get this right.

TomMonton and unclejamal like this.
  5. unclejamal

unclejamal Ace Pilot

clockwise for what? motor?

6. unclejamal

unclejamal Ace Pilot

would also require some detail photos of setup, equipment,... pushrods for ailerons...etc. thanks!

7. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

That would be a yes .

... and since this is where you would also attach the propeller it would stand to reason.

Wildthing likes this.
  8. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I'm on the road right now but I can post some photo examples this evening.

Wildthing likes this.
  9. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Thank you much. I am at work anyway, so I can wait. :)

Really looking forward to finishing this plane, as I came up with a paint scheme on my own, and think its my best yet. Looking forward to showing it. :)

Wildthing likes this.
  10. unclejamal

unclejamal Ace Pilot

i've got my wires crossed somewhere. ok. so prop is spinning CW (cockpit view), prop screw tightens the prop CW (front view). And prop should be a CCW prop to tighten itself?

F1wanabe and Wildthing like this.
  11. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Correct... it essentually is a big screw assembly and by design is self tightening.

On the flip side...this is why they make pusher props. A mid engine motor still turns clockwise (reference the pilot) ... but yet counter clockwise in relation to itself. Because the motor is mounted backwards. Think of a pusher prop commonly labeled (EP) as a left hand threaded screw.

Now if you run a super torque'y type motor it won't try to unscrew itself on a throttle punch. Install an EP prop, reverse the motor direction and it will be self tightening again. ☺

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    unclejamal likes this.
  12. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Electronics placement...the black pad is velcro to stick the battery. [​IMG]

Elevator and rudder.

[​IMG]

Ailerons.
    [​IMG]

Flybyknight22 and unclejamal like this.
  13. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

This is the way I have my plane set up. Depending on power system, you may need to move servos forward or backwards to get the cg correct.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We designed this to use standard parkjet motors so you'll need to plan things a little more than if we designed it around a specific power system for 3d flying. If we recommended a specific power system then we could show you a specific servo layout. Fyi, I like to mount the motor first, get a battery ready that I know I want to use, then place servos and rx to make that power system to work. You may need to move the battery a little bit, but I suggest you try to place battery close to cg and then use the servos and rx to get cg.

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

unclejamal, Wildthing and TomMonton like this.
  14. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Thank you guys. Thats exactly what I need. And I am using the MJV3 + ESC Combo as my power system. 2S 800 mah 30c batt.

Wildthing, TomMonton and F1wanabe like this.
  15. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

What did you secure your long push rod runs with? Cant quite make it out in the pics. I am using Dubro 2-56's for Ailerons so no issues there. For elevator and rudder I am using .047 music wire. Decently strong but can bend. I have coffee stirrers, but trying to think of something to secure the coffee stirrers to. I put a little heat sink on both ends, I use that technique for water proofing the rids as well, not needed in this case. But now to secure the rods to the plane. I dont just want to glue them to the fuse since when straight, they are a bit away from the fuse.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Wildthing likes this.
  16. If you want colored ones I have used the antenna tubes you buy for your rc car or just some small cf tubing.

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  17. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

I use the Dubro Micro push rods for all my planes. They are thin enough to bend and route as needed, but when the plastic sleeve is attached to the plane, the rod is stiff. Most importantly, they are super light. Come with hardware too.
    1358804407077-1588236330.jpeg
    http://www.headsuphobby.com/Du-Bro-30-Micro2-Pushrod-System-Cat-922-D-339.htm
    If your rods are too thick and heavy, that pushes a ton of weight all the way back to the tail. Lots of guys use CF push rods for the 3d planes, but these Micro pushrods are so much easier to use.

Flybyknight22 and Wildthing like this.
  18. unclejamal

unclejamal Ace Pilot

i can't get the dubro pus-rods. What if i use CF? what dia. do i need? and i guess solid ones, not a CF tube?

19. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

That's unfortunate! What about hobby king?
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13034__Push_Rod_and_Sleeve_Set_5pcs_bag_.html
    I don't use CF at all so I don't know. The main thing is to keep the rod light or the weight leading all the way back to the tail will cause cg problems You could use thin piano wire running through the center of a CF tube, though.

unclejamal and Wildthing like this.
  20. unclejamal

unclejamal Ace Pilot

unfortunately i already ordered at HK int. some days ago, waiting hard to get the delivery before the weekend, to be able to finish my sbach, cause it's raining anyhow these days...
    but will find a solution for the pushrods.

is there a recommendation on beginners like me with 3D planes in regards on how many degrees my controll surface deflection should be? just to start with... thanks