FRCFOAMIES PROFILE F-16

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Jan 31, 2012.

1. poormansairforce

poormansairforce Airman

Thanks. Just build it like I did, look at it in my profile.

2. crashed my f-16 today cuz I'm a dumba$$ I was flying inverted and guess what, yup I pulled up with my elevator D/r switch in low rates. I had done this a few time earlier and it looks awesome doing a loop that close to the ground. looks like you are almost trying to land but I just stay hard on the WOT...last time I did it with low rates, well..... you get the picture...darn wheres the camera when you do something cool...wifes a little under the weather right now so she wasnt filming :( No biggy though just cut the nose off, and cut out another nose, some hotglue and that gave me some time to charge all 8 of my 1300 3s's

3. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Oh no, at least it's not to bad.

Sent from my galaxy s2 using tapatalk 2

4. nah it never is unless well if the camera is off LOL did find out one thing though. this planes fly's great even without a nose of any kind

5. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

I always save the best crashes until I've got someone watching me.

6. OGHarpax

OGHarpax Airman

Got some sync'd onboard and ground video from tonight. Warning.. may cause motion sickness.. especially when the dogfighting kicks in :)

Winds were a bit gusty, from the ground it looks like pretty smooth flying, but the onboard tells the real story.

7. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Ahhhhhhhh, I can't view on my mobile

8. OGHarpax

OGHarpax Airman

Had to change the music. Should work now

9. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Yes I just watched it excellent, good flying.

10. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

why is it every time ive taken this plain out since i painted it, i end up crashing!! not sure whos dog it is that was running after the plane!!

11. Cant wait to get home and build another one of these... it flew so well, Hey Jay, I hear you using switches on ur Tx, I'm assuming that is for rates? what kinda throws do you fly with? can you measure the amount of throw you get in low and high rates if thats what ur using.... like from flat to full travel on ur elevons and also ur ailerons plz... I love the way urs handles and would like to try it with the same amount of throws that you fly with...

12. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Oh I see what you mean now, that's not my radio switches. It's my sun glasses rubbing on my head cam, the camera is in a depron box. I've got no dr, just 50% expo on elevator and 60% expo on ailerons. Allso got 140% on the end points. Hope this helps you.

13. yes but I would like to find out an actual number of how far your throws are so I can set mine up the same. I am sure I have a different TX and probably a little different position of controls horns and etc... no rush though it will be 2 weeks before I get to build another one....thank you in advance

14. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Ok no problem, I'll get measurements for you.

15. awesome thank you Jay

16. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Ok for the elevons put the rule on the tip. It starts at 1.1/2" then goes to 4"

The ailerons start at 1.1/2 then go to 2.3/4"

ASD likes this.
  17. awesome thank you I will make a note of it and will design my next one around these measurements

18. coa106

coa106 Rookie

Another Fun Flight with the profile f-16 by boxermad84. thanks Jay awesome plane have lots of fun..

19. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

I'm gald you like it so much, your starting to get more confident. Let's see some inverted flying next!

tomernassi likes this.
  20. blaktopr

blaktopr Cadet

Love the F-16 Boxer, thanks. Here's todays 3rd flight. Vid is a little blurry. My GF took it with my phone. 400g's with 3s 1000mah, smj3, tgs prop, 2 servos with 4x4 setup.

ASD likes this.