FRCFOAMIES PROFILE F-16

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

well it flys great on just elevons, but if you want drill bit r
    olls and a bit of high alpha then its a great mod. you will need to move the carbon rod further forward as it will be to close to the ailerons otherwise and the wings will flex.
    here is the vid of the aileron mod.

2. ipetepete

ipetepete Cadet

Yeah, I used some Prisma Color markers. I'll eventually dig up my airbrush and do a "real" paint job on it. I got my servos, just need time to set everything up. Hopefully tonight <fingers crossed>. I would love to maiden it on Friday. I might also put a rudder on it.

3. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

My mrs has got a air brush she uses for her cakes but ive never bothered trying it, i should do. Good luck with the maiden

Sent from my galaxy s2 using tapatalk 2

4. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Forgot to say id like to see what a rudder would do

5. I will be building one in the next couple days and I might try the rudder thing

6. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

I would like to see it with a rudder on. Id do it to mine but its all painted up now and i already have four servos on it

7. ipetepete

ipetepete Cadet

Ok finally got to fly it. I flew for about six minutes total before the elevon broke off and ended our maiden.

Initially it was pulling to the left and I started to loose control near some trees, did an emergency landing. Thats when we stopped filming. I bent the nose a little but it he was still air worthy so the second flight went much better after I adjusted the battery a bit. When I started flying more aggressively that's when the elevon broke off.

The crash was spectacular, I wish we had filmed it!

So lesson learned: reinforce the elevons.

The rudder was nice for some scale turns and assisting in roll maneuvers.

I'm hoping to rebuild it this week.

It's a great plane. A tittle more susceptible to the CG, but that's a good feature as I see it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335641653.594264.jpg

Here is the video

8. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Hey Boxermad ! FED50H and i were trying to get the f16 to forward flip like you. It did, but not like yours. What the secret?

Sent by my astromech droid using Tapatalk 2

9. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

oh no ipetepete im gutted for you that looked nice before the crash. f1 i just gave full throttle and full down elevator, and over she went. may be try a bigger outside loop first instead of just trying to front flip it. the only thing ive changed since i made that video with the front flip init is add 30mm to the overall width 15mm a side to make room for a bigger prop slot, maybe thats whats causing the plane not to want to flip, but im sure ive done it since with my new f-16 which is the same as yours.

10. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Fyi, FED50H and i had fun with the f16 today at JettaManDan's fly in, boxermad. As I told you in the skype chat, I Was a little nervous flying around others because I normally fly alone. I did a flight check, threw the plane up and crash! Right off the bat. I had copied your settings into the JMW F16 edf and reversed the throws! Felt really stupid! Anyway, not too much damage. Dinged nose. Love the plane tho...

11. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

i did the same thing not long after starting to fly, i made the extra 300 and was showing off in work and i left the f117 settings on the radio and without checking i pulled up and it nosed dived in front over every one. glad you had a good time after the crash though, and it was not a total loss of the f-16.

12. ok boxermad I just finished this plane and its crazy lite with allot of throw in the surfaces..I also made this jet full time 4x4 with only two 12grm MG servos.. I painted a dark grey and will maiden it in the morning at my local club.. if it preforms like everyone said I need the link to your place so I can donate something for it.. so far it looks awesome. wife is trying to find the camera..

13. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Nice one looking forward to seeing it. Make sure you make it a little nose heavy at first cg 3" in front of motor mount at least.

14. OGHarpax

OGHarpax Airman

F-16 #2 is ready for flight. Love! the look of this plane Boxer. Thanks again :)

IMG_0555.jpg

15. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Now that is one hell of a paint job. I would not want to fly that, it looks to good. I'm glad you like it.

16. OGHarpax

OGHarpax Airman

Thanks :) I'm not usually nostalgic about my planes... fly em like you stole em, right? But this one is going to be a bit nerve racking when I maiden her tomorrow. It's not actually paint though. It's a combination of checkered tape and marker ink.

17. went out to fly mine today and it was dead calm outside. I drove to my local flying club, about 15 min away and the wind wind picked up to about 15mph..uhhhh darn it...maybe try again tonight at dusk

18. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

That plane is great to fly in the wind! Feels like it has kf4. Wonder what it would do with a kf4? Hmmmm

19. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Well however you made it look so good, you made a good job of it. F1is right, this plane flys really good in the wind but I would not want to maiden it in the wind.

20. farside

farside Airman

Do you have this plane as an untiled version?

Denny