FRCFoamies F22 Raptor- Scale Score and Fold

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Dec 20, 2015.

1. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Airflow and Wildthing like this.
  2. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Thanks Greg!
    They have worked flawlessly until now, before I replaced the left elevon after it got stuck in the grass last flight. I left the new one almost without any reinforcement. I'll add a second coffee stirrer for improved stiffness until next flight, wrapping paper is sometimes a little too time consuming. This plane is actually quite fast with a rear-mounted motor, and with a 4s, even faster... Now my focus is directed straight at the new 2.88 with active slats, to have it finished until I get home next weekend.:)

F1wanabe, malukk and Wildthing like this.
  3. kenswa

kenswa Cadet

Here are the links of my buddy Keith Flying his F22. 2 of them are Slo-mo'ed at different times.

4. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Okay Lars...all said and done what do you consider the ideal setup ?

With/without slats, motor, prop, battery ?

All controls or elevon only... yadda, yadda

F1wanabe likes this.
  5. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

;) TOM,
    With slats it flies slower without having to compensate with a rise in the angle of attack. I think it flies great with only rudder and elevons. OK, ailerons gives you a faster roll rate. a Tv-mount may not be necessary. But it gives you an entirely different experience of the flight. So much fun!

With a small 3's 1100-1800mAh battery, you'll get it to float as if gravity suddenly were lost.
    I use a 6x4 MasterAirScrew 3 blade. An APC 6x4 or TGS 6x3 should work fine too!

Wildthing, F1wanabe and malukk like this.
  6. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Excellent.. I'm having to rebuild and I was never entirely happy with the heavier setup I had. It just likes to fly kinda... heavy and so to the sun in my eyes, pilot error, jet lag and wind shear ...

I squashed it pretty good this time

Thank you and it is comforting to know it will still fly well on the atypical 2200kv 3s setup.

Time to start over again ....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  7. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Oh! Tom, no explanations are needed, we are only human beings..;) I could feel there was something,,, when I read between the lines of your previous posto_O
    The worst thing about your planes is that they are too beautiful to use as a plow.:(
    The one I have is marginally bigger than yours 110% so yes, an ordinary D2826/6 2200kv with a 3s should be quite OK.
    ...moreover, it seems to be a fairly simple repair!:) Only the nose and some scratches on the top of the fuselage.

8. JTiger

JTiger Airman

Do you need to use 3mm foam for the sheeting or can 6mm be used?

9. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

A better option would be dollar tree foam board (paper off). It is slightly thinner than 6mm and much softer to work with for a top skin.

notamedclosed and Wildthing like this.
  10. whatmovesyou

whatmovesyou Top Gun

Airflow:

Interested in your TV (2 motors) mix in the radio, Could you explain in detail how you setup it up?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  11. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Hi WMY,
    hmm, are you sure, 2 motors? There's only one thrust vectoring motor mount on the FRC F22. Anyhow, I'm at work, far from home.., will be back home again late at Thursday for weekend:) will check it out then!

Wildthing likes this.
  12. whatmovesyou

whatmovesyou Top Gun

I know the f-22 has only one motor. Just wanted to catch you and see what you do for your dual motor setups and compare to mine for the transmitter settings.

Wildthing and Airflow like this.
  13. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Ok, Got ya! See you later at the weekend.

Wildthing likes this.
  14. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

THE MOST PRECISE, STABLE, FAST, YET SLOW, PARKJET KILLING MACHINE! This has to be one of the best planes I've flown, so smooth and precise, goes exactly where you tell it to go with no bad tendencies! No stabilisers or gyros used in this video, zero wind and a gorgeous sunset! Enjoy and go download the plans!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

15. Awesome flight Jay...
    This plane is with me every trip to the field now... Have to get at least 1 flight on this every time! :) The best part is, it grabs a lot of people's attention because, I can almost mow the grass with it... Doing so I have broken the elevator at least 2-3 times now when I pull up... I am hoping my friend took a good video of me doing extremely low passes at the field... It is super locked-in! And yes - for those who havent tried this plane yet, this is one of the best planes to have, esp. its performance with flaps activated!

16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Awesome flyin' there Jay! :cool: Nice plane as well!

Airflow, Wildthing and F1wanabe like this.
  17. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Haha, love that thumbnail on there. Who's that guy with the fake mustache on your phone?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Airflow, bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  18. TacticalFlight

TacticalFlight Ace Pilot

Where can I get 3mm foam without buying a large quantity?

19. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Crypticink, 4mm paperless Dt foam works just fine, but I bought a few sheets of 3mm depron from Grayson hobby.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk

20. I went to Staples and bought that paper covered poster board, paper was easy to peel off and after a light sanding looked pretty good.