FRCFoamies F16 mk2 - Adanced Profile Parkjet!

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Aug 9, 2015.

1. PropWashed

PropWashed Rookie

At this point I don't need the untitled plan. But check your zip file there is not untitled plan in the zip file. Let me suggest that you should specify that there are no instructions before someone buys your plan. It would be really nice if you post a video on the assembly. I do appreciate the low price, but I would be willing to pay more for information on putting this foamy together. I also purchased your SBACH 342 and find that I have the same problems. As example I wonder how you assemble the horizontal and vertical parts of the fuselage. To put those two pieces together one of them needs to cut and there are no cut lines. My suggestion is provide more information and raises your price for the FRCFoamies.

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  2. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Two types of pdf files in our downloads, tiled and full page. What more needs to be explained? The sbach 342 fuselage just slots together and the plan only has cut lines on it. Red tabs go into blue slots. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  3. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Mike, this is the zip file contents of the f16 mk2 that you get when it's downloaded:
    [​IMG]
    Click on "plans" and you get this :
    [​IMG]
    Click on the "F16 Profile" file instead of tiled and you get this....
    [​IMG]
    We have build pics or video on most of the plans, but to be honest, we've not had any issues with builders doing the profile planes. Click on the "exploded view" and it shows you exactly where the pieces go...
    [​IMG]
    Then, you have set up info on the "planview" page. Everyone overlooks that (I do that part!).
    [​IMG]
    Have you seen these pages? These make build and assembly easy.
    And the same applies for the sbach. Aside from making a video, these should make the assembly of the profile plan pretty clear.

I would be happy to give you personal guidance if you need it. Feel free to pm me!

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    bimoadiprakoso, Wildthing and malukk like this.
  4. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Now that, is customer service!

5. flyhighhobbies

flyhighhobbies Administrator

Mike,

We don't want anyone to fail at building these incredibly machines and thank you for the suggestions.
    There may not be a build video for this specific model but the pictures should help.

Also here is the original FRCFoamies F-16 that have some build pictures on page 3 and page 4.

http://www.rcpowers.com/community/threads/frcfoamies-profile-f-16.11046/page-3

The F-16 going together Courtesy of Raymond Ramirez

Also here is the video of the Mig-29 V1 build courtesy of DutchRC that gives you an Idea of how most profile planes go together.

Check those out and hopefully it helps. We are all here to support one another.

6. PropWashed

PropWashed Rookie

[​IMG]
    Click on "plans" and you get this :
    [​IMG]
    Click on the "F16 Profile" file instead of tiled and you get this....
    [​IMG]
    We have build pics or video on most of the plans, but to be honest, we've not had any issues with builders doing the profile planes. Click on the "exploded view" and it shows you exactly where the pieces go...
    [​IMG]
    Then, you have set up info on the "planview" page. Everyone overlooks that (I do that part!).
    [​IMG]
    Have you seen these pages? These make build and assembly easy.
    And the same applies for the sbach. Aside from making a video, these should make the assembly of the profile plan pretty clear.

I would be happy to give you personal guidance if you need it. Feel free to pm me!

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky[/QUOTE]

7. PropWashed

PropWashed Rookie

OK now I understand that part, Thanks. The second problem that I was having was attaching the vertical part to horizontal part. What I ended up doing was cutting the vertical section so that there was a top and bottom which then could be glued to the horizontal section. Thought there should be a cut line in the plans to do that. Perhaps I was just to anxious to start building and just should of reviewed more the forum threads.

Since my last reply I have built the SBACH at 80% of the size (just need to fit a couple sheets of Dollar Tree foam) and I'm happy to say it went well. Have not gotten in the air yet (it's too cold outside) but bench tested it and I thing it's going work very well!

8. PropWashed

PropWashed Rookie

I didn't realize there was a horizonal cut line where you have the red circles by the tabs. But thats what I ended up doing. Thanks for all the help!!!

bimoadiprakoso and F1wanabe like this.
  9. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Looking forward to a surge of flight videos...sadly, the weather is phenomenal on work days, then crap when I'm off. It should turn around soon. Glad you got it sorted Mike.

bimoadiprakoso, Newt and F1wanabe like this.
  10. PropWashed

PropWashed Rookie

I have a question regarding the term "Parkjet". I see the term "Park" used with other planes, what does it mean?

11. Newt

Newt Administrator

This is a park where he is flying his park jet:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  12. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

These are rc planes that can be flown in a local park as opposed to a dedicated AMA type field. What does this mean to the design of the plane? Usually a foamy plane with lower wing loading and great slow flying /aerobatic characteristics so that you can hand launch it, fly it and land it in small spaces. The planes look pretty scale but the flying is far from scale so that you can easily maneuver on small spaces. I look at parkjets as the perfect type of rc model to learn design and building skills while you experiment with a minimal amount of monetary risk! From here you'd probably go for more scale planes, store bought or scratch built, foam or balsa with props or edfs, retracts, gas or electric motors that require a larger airspace to fly. You'd probably go to an ama type of field where you stand and talk for hours, fly around in circles for minutes and don't have fun. :D One thing you'll find at an ama field is, when conditions are not ideal for flying, the guy who IS flying is a parkjet guy.

13. Newt

Newt Administrator

LOL.... Quite true!

14. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Being a parkjet guy, Newt here often times takes store bought planes up for guys who are too nervous to maiden them. He'll get them trimmed in and then hand the controls over to once he's done. You really do learn so much from building, experimenting with and flying parkjets!

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

15. PropWashed

PropWashed Rookie

Great info, something the local hobby shop could not answer.

bimoadiprakoso and F1wanabe like this.
  16. ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy Cadet

Finally finished the build and painting. Decided to go with a Thunderbird like paint scheme. Still need to install servos and other electronics. Still so windy most days here in Colorado that I haven't been in a rush to maiden this one yet. Went with removable missiles (magnetic). Can't wait to get it in the air though. F-16mk2_11.jpg F-16mk2_12.jpg

Lgel, FED50H, Airflow and 8 others like this.
  17. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

18. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Yes, a really sharp look!

19. ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy Cadet