FRCFoamies F14 Tomcat Advanced Profile Parkjet

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Nov 10, 2015.

1. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

Absolutely...I have another vid where i did more slow fly-by's...i'll get that posted later

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  2. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

I was noticing some flutter on an elevon...apparently they work better when the servos are actually glued down, instead of just slid into slots...who knew...I must have been in a hurry when building...anyway...all good now...got some flight time in with JMD today...dueling it out....

RCUrso, thunder, DavePowers and 6 others like this.
  3. Wow! thats a great video guys... Really enjoyed watching it :D

4. JettaManDan

Was a perfect day..glad we got the chance to rip up som sky with both 14's today! Thanks for the vid bro!

5. Slingshot

Slingshot Ace Pilot

That's too awesome! Once I build one maybe I can convince @Splashballz to build one too and we can go at it... :D

FED50H, bimoadiprakoso and F1wanabe like this.
  6. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Is this the new Xperimental research foam Dave?
    Would you please post the link to the supplier?

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  7. Splashballz

Splashballz Ace Pilot

Ha! You're on Sling. Can you hold off a bit until my flying skills arrive? I just ordered them from HK, awaiting delivery. Bought a cheap, middle-of-the-range set complete with twitchy pinch grips and a bolt-on feature called shaky-legs. ETA March 2019.

In the meantime, my workbench is covered with a flat F18 (dead-fish stabs removed) and an almost-ready Mid 29. An FRC F14 in full sweep is doomed to remain on my wishlist for some time...

bimoadiprakoso and Slingshot like this.
  8. Slingshot

Slingshot Ace Pilot

Hehe Sounds like it would be a very close race for who would crash first... :D

Same here, so many planes, so little time. ;)

bimoadiprakoso and Splashballz like this.
  9. dangermouse650

dangermouse650 Ace Pilot

Hey Splash and Sling, Mig 29's all round, quick easy builds and easy fliers, not too much trouble when you come to grief, would love to get all my boys flying so we could do combat, maybe one day....or if i ever get down your way.... Gotta admit those F-14s do look nice with the wings swept back

10. Slingshot

Slingshot Ace Pilot

Yeah, that roll rate on the F-14's would be "interesting" for me right now... :)

Maybe that's the solution, both me and Splash are building the Mig's anyway - the roll rates aren't super quick on elevons, but the pitch is pretty awesome. It's so light that with a 2200mAh battery on the bottom, if I did a half loop and got to the top with anything but wings perfectly level, the weight now on top would make it roll back right side up on its own! Want to do an emergency U-turn? Just yank the stick back until you're inverted and let the Mig and physics do the rest... :D

11. Splashballz

Splashballz Ace Pilot

Let's lock it in sometime - the inaugural 'RCP Battle of Vic.' Who else can we rope in? @dangermouse65507 @Slingshot :)

12. JettaManDan

i'm bumping this thread so i can find it easily..got a cutout F-14 ready for my friend to build...hope to get it started soon

13. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Nice, Dan, going fully swept?

14. JettaManDan

no..he flew mine with the full sweep..he wants to do the mid-sweep..and honestly it is what i should have done too..but line flies awesome at full sweep..he just wants his a bit different...

Wildthing likes this.
  15. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

OK great! Remind him of Dave's method of using the ailerons as spoilerons- the inside aileron only moves up in a turn which induces a little yaw to help bring the nose around. I love the feel of that.

Wildthing likes this.
  16. JettaManDan

he may just do elevons like mine..not sure yet...he is buying stuff out of my "pile" of parts...so we'll see what he wants lol

Wildthing and FED50H like this.
  17. JettaManDan

well the F-14 i helped my friend build is done. I won't bore people with build pics. Gotta give props to Greg and Jay again for a super awesome plane. I prefer profile noses for speed of build. And this one goes super fast. Anyone looking for an easy build and a great scale looking foamie should look no further than this plane!

My biddy is a super accomplished pilot both R/C and in full sized planes. But he had never build a flat foam plane before. Even he commented on the speed of the build and how great it looks (thanks to Malukk's cut out parts especially!)

he loves scale and of course Top Gun...so he went with that scheme...looks great!

FB_IMG_1475016186721.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475016196716.jpg

he was cool enough to put my Airwing (Avatar) stickers on the tails...looks great. We hope to maiden it in the next week or 2. See how it does with mid sweep and just elevons.

Dan

18. JettaManDan

finally got his plane up for a maiden today..all went great...video is uploading now...will post tonight!

Wildthing and F1wanabe like this.
  19. JettaManDan

20. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Looked so good in the air! Those rolls look pretty scale too. excellent video, Dan, and great flying by your buddy.

Wildthing likes this.