FRCFoamies Boeing X - 32 "Guppy" Parkjet

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

It is a fairly small pike, it took the bait so bad that I had to kill it:(, we were trolling for salmon ... Pike's are annoying to get on the hook then...

BTW Russian submarines looks impressive, but their own Vodka makes them quite harmless ..:rolleyes: sooner or later, all that Vodka will get them to commit disastrous mistakes...:confused: they usually destroy their own submarines. lol. Kursk ...!

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  2. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

If you're mixing it up in your bowel, I'll pass on seeing the final result! Bahahaha

3. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

That's just wrong,..:eek:

bogusbandit56 likes this.
  4. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

It's good to know there are folks on here with a great sense of humor,.. you guys made my day

Airflow and bogusbandit56 like this.
  5. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

So how many bowels have you got ? I know a cow has four stomachs:)

Airflow, Flybyknight22 and homey666 like this.
  6. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Dang Airflow, looks like we are both in the boat business.

7. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I have built a very small boat from 10mm corroplast. Will this count? It does have a small trolling motor.

Attached Files:

Flybyknight22, F1wanabe and Airflow like this.
  8. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Ian,
    Ohh Yes!! Wow! That one looks fantastic! Are you going to provide it with solar cells!:)

EDIT: hi... err... But it might not be a good Idea in England... "solar cells" stupid of me....:oops:

9. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Heck Yeah it counts!
    That's custom made by hand Baby!
    Wow that's cool right there now!
    What was the process you took to build that BB56? How long did it take you to do that?

I always wanted to build a large wooden boat by hand, you know like the Viking Long ships. I bought and downloaded some plans for a 28' long trawler of sorts powered by a 3-cylinder diesel and 3-bladed bronze prop. Plans had small living quarters and enclosed bridge cruising speed of about 12kts max about 17-19kts.

Still have the plans just never built it, perhaps this winter I can revive that project. I have a 60'x40' shop I keep all my wood working/welding tools in along with the Monterey Cuddy Cruiser and some other toys and junk. I need to move the cruiser out and get started on it I guess but still ain't built the SU-34 or the other V4s or FRC's Mosquito and and,.. well you know. And of course Bow hunting season just kicked in, fish gigging season not far behind that etc etc.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    bogusbandit56 likes this.
  10. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Watched your double X-32 video again. Nicely done. I couldn't help but think the fly bys of this model looked extraordinary. Well done!

CeeKay, Airflow and F1wanabe like this.
  11. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I have built a little sailing dinghy in 6mm ply . No plans just drew the former`s and transom out and went at stitching and gluing together.
    As I was only using 8x4 sheets it came out looking a bit tubby, but I could sail it, motor, and row it. Big enough for two people and a dog.
    The corroplast hull took about a day to build , it is all folded so it can not leak. Ths gunwhales and seat support is PVC waste pipe and the steering wheel is a plastic chocolate box top. I guess it took me all of three days to build , then there was tinkering with the steering gear.
    My friend Paul said I should make a load up and sell them to flood victims. It`s a good job I took no notice of his advise cos we aint had any floods for years.

Airflow and Flybyknight22 like this.
  12. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Love it man!
    Ah yes we must never forget the venerable Sea Dog! Mine won't let me work right now, she isn't happy unless she is on and in the water.
    image.jpeg

13. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

It`s a "Sophie soppy dog", I had one that my niece dumped on me. lovely dog but would`nt do a damn thing you told her.

14. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

How about fitting it with Tesla coils as there is always high voltage power lines along the river valley?

Airflow likes this.
  15. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Oh Dave, and F1,

I hate to break protocol and all but Reagan and I just wanted to thank you and FRC foamies again for all the fun we are having building your planes.

I probably should not have done this but I told "Rocket" that Miss Shannon thought he was "darn cute"!

Sooooo, Reagan has been bugging me for weeks to post this up so he could say,...

Hieeeeeee Miss Shannon!

image.jpeg

F1wanabe, Airflow and bogusbandit56 like this.
  16. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Haha, yes there are always opportunities to take advantage of!;)

17. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Hey!
    I have a great old (1964) long-stroke diesel 18.5 hp, with the right sound for your purpose. Such diesel would be perfect for your long ship! It runs a 3-bladed bronze prop.;)

The sound makes the boat! Volvo Penta MD2 1964:)

The same engine, but not mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flybyknight22 and bogusbandit56 like this.
  18. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I bet they run all day, every day on a cup full of diesel and start first time rain or snow, with the cold start button pressed.
    I think if this goes on any longer you should open a new thread on boating. Poor old Greg and Jay, I wonder what they are thinking?

19. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Haha, I think we'll do a depron boat next and move these posts over to that thread
    Frcfoamies Viking Long ship: "The most precise depron Viking long ship in the universe!"

Our Website :www.frcfoamies.com
    My youtube :www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

20. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

My Boat!!!!
    That's it!

Airflow likes this.