FRCFoamies Boeing X - 32 "Guppy" Parkjet

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Sep 20, 2014.

1. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

ooooooh ok, I kinds see where this is now. Maybe its right and I just didn't think it was. Ok, I see now. So, with the throttle moving my rudder. it will still power my prop right? I didn't have it plugged it so, i think it will. Ok, what about my elevators? when I move the left stick right and left the elevators move up and down, that's weird. so how do I fix that? this helped me understand a little bit more, thanks for this. Im going to cut and paste your helpfull hints, your helping me the most and I really appreciate it.
    p.s. I use an spektrum DX 7s

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  2. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Jack the step by step instructions I gave you is for a Spektrum DX7s.

The left stick is a "COMBINATION" of throttle and rudder control, it does both. The right stick is a "COMBINATION" of elevator and aileron control, it does both.

In the last step by step post I gave you it mentions to check/verify that your servos are plugged into the receiver channels correctly.
    Did you do that Jack?

Elevator servo lead/leads must be plugged in to the elevator channel, rudder servo leads must be plugged in to the rudder channel on the receiver.

If you don't have the elevator servo plugged in to the correct channel on the receiver then elevator will not work correctly.

Here again are the channel assignments for the AR7000 receiver that comes with the Spektrum DX7s. If you are using some other kind of receiver let us know.

ESC lead goes to THRO on receiver.
    Aileron servo lead goes to AILE on receiver.
    Elevator servo lead goes to ELEV on receiver.
    Rudder servo lead goes to RUDD on receiver.

Check those connections and let us know.

image.jpg

There is also polarity associated with each servo lead that you plug into the receiver. If you plug in a servo lead and nothing happens it may be in upside down (wrong polarity). If so flip the lead and plug it back in.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  3. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

yeah, I did that and the rudder works but the throttle doesn't work, my prop wont spin, maybe the throttle is cut or something?. My left stick, when, i go left to right the elevator goes up and down. when I move the left stick up and down, the elevator should go up and down right? please bare with me because this is really confusing to me. I appreciate all the help though

4. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

I understand Jack,
    Nope, when you move the "LEFT" stick up and down that is throttle only. When you move the "LEFT" stick left and right that is rudder only.

Elevator is controlled by the "RIGHT" stick Jack by moving it up and down.

The pictures of the F-18 that I posted show all the correct movements.

It almost sounds like you may have the elevator servo plugged in the wrong physical channel.

For throttle it could be that you don't have the ESC cable connected to throttle on the receiver.
    It could also be loose motor lead connections at the ESC. It could also be that the ESC needs throttle calibration.

A few questions Jack and maybe we can get this figured out:
    1. What receiver are you using?
    2. What ESC are you using?
    3. How many servos are you using?
    4. Can you show us a picture of your receiver with the servos connected to it?
    5. What happens when you move the "RIGHT" stick?

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  5. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

I see what your saying. I did the calibration, its looks like it connected properly, I think I did properly program it properly, I really messed it up and I dont know what I did and now I can fix it. Im using a spektum DX 7s, Im using 2 servos- rudder and elevator, forgot the ESC but I can take a picture and show you when I get home.

6. CeeKay

CeeKay Ace Pilot

Jack, perhaps it is just the way you're describing your setup but to have elevon control you need to ensure that you have a servo connected to the AILERON and the ELEVATOR channel. This is usually ch's 2&3 on the rx. Your rudders can be connected to ch4.

Please check this and let us know

7. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

I think they are connected correctly. Aileron and rudder I was told before. Anyways, Im going to the hobbie shop and they will straighten me out. I need a one on one. I can try your recommendation though, thanks.

8. CeeKay

CeeKay Ace Pilot

Elevons, as the name suggests, are a mix of elevator and aileron. You need to connect one servo to each channel and then program the mix in the Tx. I'm sure the shop will sort it out for you and you'll be flying again in no time.

9. CeeKay

CeeKay Ace Pilot

Jack, did you have any luck getting the controls sorted out?

10. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Well now,
    I hear the F35 is still having probs but my X-32 is "Tight", on budget and fully operational!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  11. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Yes! The guppy is such an easy plane to build and fly! Looks good flybyknight!

12. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

yeah its not a bad build but all mine flew straight into the ground. Nice looking plane though.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Flybyknight22 and F1wanabe like this.
  13. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

Ill build it again once i can fly my slow trainer.

Flybyknight22 and F1wanabe like this.
  14. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

I'll tell you a plane that is nice build and fly. It's called the "fish". This slow flyer is an awesome plane to build and fly. I've built and flown a lot of planes and crashed every one of them. After downloading a simulator on my phone and building the "fish" I was finally able to build something that flies so well. Finally jacktores69 is flying!! thanks for all the support!

you tube postings:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  15. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

WAY TO GO JACK!!!
    Smooth as Butta!
    I love slow flying airplanes like that man!
    I dig it,... and we got some VIDEO BABY!!!
    Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!
    Nice Jack, very nice.

Slingshot and F1wanabe like this.
  16. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

thanks, well since then Ive lost a couple of planes due to high winds. this plane has so much lift, the wind just carries it away. its easy to build and builds in a flash and tough to. Removable wings make it very portable. thanks for all your help! love this hobbie.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  17. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

well, here are some more video footage of the the "Fish" slow flyer. I put a Sony Bloggie on top of it and it took it well. I did crash, which you will see but I kept flying, check it out and enjoy. This is my first video so its really shaky, some parts are good though.

bogusbandit56 likes this.
  18. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Nice film Jack:) Sorry no Oscar:p

19. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Jack, you should make a thread in scratchbuild for this!

20. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

Well nothing gets an Oscar for doing anything the first time.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    bogusbandit56 likes this.