FRCFoamies Boeing X - 32 "Guppy" Parkjet

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Sep 20, 2014.

1. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I believe the next world war has already started, it is a Holy war. We have a slow but steady influx of the enemy insinuating themselves in our countries taking jobs in power stations, manufacturing, health care, IT, nuclear power stations, water purification plants and drinking water reservoirs, local government and law enforcement authourities. Even joining our own armed forces. They are breeding future armies to take over our countries from within. We won`t need highly maneuverable stealth planes to fight this war.

2. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Next world war "Jihad" so true, at least here in Europe, like going back to the Middle Ages and the Crusades, which ended with a loss ...

bogusbandit56 and Flybyknight22 like this.
  3. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

I am definitely hearing what you are saying.

4. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Yup, I believe your words are wise.
    Unconventional warfare. "We will destroy you from within". Look at what a small hand full of annal orifices did when they killed as many or more people on 9/11 in N.Y., N.Y. than an entire naval battle group did at Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1942.
    Look at Fort Hood Texas and the killer from within, he murdered 13 and wounded 31. OBO won't be POTUS much longer. Then maybe we can pull our heads out of the sand and build the Guppy! :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Airflow and bogusbandit56 like this.
  5. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

I agree with the idea that most countries are in for a rude awakening and not of the fighter jet kind. I'll perform my first act of moderation on an frcfoamies thread by steering the topic away from politics (because there's nothing worse than that to kill a thread ) by saying that I think it's very telling that so much development has been put forth much more effectively in the Advanced f18 and Silent Eagle area. Since a lot of the stealth technology has been countered by radar developments, it seems like a good idea to put money into platforms that are proven to work, rather than to a project that has so far been proven to fail! Haha. I would love to see a silent eagle up close! I would also love to see a guppy remix style plane airborne - so simple and inexpensive to build with today's technology...
    [​IMG]

6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

It`s a good job the Kardashians dont go to you for their foto shopping , Greg.:)

sirskyhi, Airflow and F1wanabe like this.
  7. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I`m sorry to be so English but I dont know what OBO and POTUS means:( AND the Royal Navy has no problem seeing the F35 on it`s RADAR:D

Airflow and Flybyknight22 like this.
  8. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Stealth never meant "invisible" it just means much harder to see on radar than standard non-stealthy aircraft, opening up safer attack/flying lanes that can be mission mapped allowing the attack to essentially defeat radar.
    Doesn't much matter,.. And you are right,.. Looks like we are Hosed! (POTUS=President of the United States. I think from there you can figure out who OBO is)

F-35 Woes: http://m.military.com/daily-news/20...-of-f-35-engine-very-poor.html?ESRC=navy-a.nl

"The main Joint Strike Fighter variant, the F-35A, has only averaged 21 percent of the flight hours it needs to be on track, while the short-takeoff and vertical landing variant of the plan, the F-35B, has completed 52 percent of the flight hours expected."

Another "Remix" of sorts could be in the works as an alternative to the F-35.

bogusbandit56 likes this.
  9. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Haha, I did that on my cell phone! I thought it was pretty good!

Airflow and bogusbandit56 like this.
  10. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

This will be my last gripe on this subject, WTF Is Britain supposed to put on our two brand new carriers, water and tents for 3rd world disaster areas? May be we can turn them into luxury passenger liners.

Airflow, F1wanabe and BarryM like this.
  11. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Ah yes the Royal Navy!
    Very capable, stout young lads they be, mates of mine, every one of 'em!
    I operated with the Royal Navy on numerous occasions in the North Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea. I had the pleasure of being toasted by the Royal Navy at Portsmouth, England a number of years ago. It was there I mounted a burly challenge to their "Spooning Champion". Not versed in the ways of professional Spooning I of course fell valiantly in the attempt and my head still has a pop knot on it. We hoisted many pints of Grog (Ale) together while I was in their sturdy company. Finest bunch of sailors I ever went to sea with. The Royal Navies Frigate and Submarine sailors I found to be especially impressive. While in Portsmouth I was given a beautiful khaki wool sweater worn by the famous Royal Marines. That sweater still hangs in a place of honor next to my dress blues. Oh the glory days of yesteryear, the salty air, the clear blue waters, surely these are the true passions of life!
    Now I just bow hunt, fish, drink watered down American Beer, bounce Grandchildren on my knee, build and fly RC Foamies. Hmmmm, wait a minute now, things are starting to look up a bit mate!

BarryM and bogusbandit56 like this.
  12. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

My father was on the HMS Implacable with the BPF in ww2. Their sister ship the Indomitable had a Jap kamikazi land on their deck. Fortunately the British carriers had aroured decks, so they put the fire out and swept the remains overboard and carried on as normal. It`s a shame the US hadn`t thought of this as it would have saved a lot of US lives. He told me of the time they were steaming at 30 knots when the Captain announced over the tanoy for everyone to hold tight as they had to make an emergency turn and get out of the area ASAP, this maneuver was to avoid the the nuclear strike on Japan.

13. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

I admire your Naval Heritage and humbly salute your Father's service. Behold, HMS Implacable!
    image.jpg
    I believe that J.F.K.'s words apply to both the Royal and U.S. Navy.
    image.jpg
    HMS Implacable was a very impressive ship. I found it interesting the planes that flew from her flight deck. Like the Fairey Barracuda, Torpedo and dive bomber.
    image.jpg

The de Havilland DH.103 Hornet, The Sea Hornet was the carrier capable version. I had no idea that there was a version like this.
    image.jpg

The Supermarine Seafire or Sea Spitfire XV
    image.jpg

The Fairey Firefly
    image.jpg

Even the venerable raggedy old
    TBF/TBM Grumman Avenger flew from her flight deck.
    image.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Airflow, F1wanabe and bogusbandit56 like this.
  14. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Hey excellent work FBK I have not been able to find a picture of this quality of the Implacable, can you tell me where you found it please. When dad was aboard they flew Fireflies, Spits, Avengers and Wildcats. The Hornets would have been after the war and I believe the first British jet on carrier landings was with the Implacable. Before she was scrapped she became flagship of the fleet and used for Naval Jet carrier training. She didn`t see a lot of action in the Pacific but played a part in the battle of Truk Lagoon. After VJ day they had to ditch all the American built Lend Lease Avengers and Wildcats over the side. Just think how much stuff lies at the bottom of the worlds oceans, ships planes tanks trucks and sadly all the souls. Thank you.

Airflow, F1wanabe and Flybyknight22 like this.
  15. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

H
    Here you go BB56;
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Implacable_(R86)#
    History of ship, aircraft squadrons embarked.

bogusbandit56 and F1wanabe like this.
  16. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

I need some help. My DX7s is all backwards. when move my throttle stick left and right my rudder moves. When I move my left stick left and right my elevator moves up and down. Someone please help me, I cant find anything on this, even youtube isn't any help. I built a trainer plane so I can learn how to fly, check it out.

Attached Files:

sirskyhi likes this.
  17. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Are you a mode 1 (throttle right side) or mode 2 (throttle left side) flyer? Check where your servos are plugged into the receiver to make sure you are using the correct channels. Make sure you also do not have any channels slaved to other channels in the radio. Erase the program and start a new one if that is easier.

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  18. jacktores69

jacktores69 Airman

ok, I see what your saying but i need step by step instructions, im new at this. ive had this thing for a while and still dont know what im doing.

19. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Jack, let's start with some short background.
    As far as "MODE -1" or "MODE-2" goes, if you purchased the DX7 in the U.S. then it most likely is a "MODE-2" radio. I could be wrong but this is not easily changed with a switch as in most other radios. (Somebody please correct me if I am wrong on this) With the DX7 you have to take off the back and make Mechanical/Electrical connection changes to do this so we will assume your radio is a "MODE-2" DX7 radio.

Let's start here:
    Jack, on a 4-channel airplane, verify that your servo "Y" or single leads for rudder, elevator and ailerons are connected to the correct receiver channels.
    Having your servos plugged into the wrong channels on the receiver can cause the problem you are seeing.

For the AR7000 the channels 1-7 from top to bottom are shown below:
    image.jpg

Ok Jack, if all that is good let's try this.
    If your control surfaces are moving in the wrong direction with your stick inputs we can try servo reversing first. Here are the steps to do that.
    Let's start with the Rudder control first.

We assume you are starting with a fresh new model in the radio and not using the same model setup where you tried program mixing etc when you were messing with the X-32 V-Tail setup.

First lets verify that the DX7 has the proper flying model type selected. You have two choices: "ARCO" which is Airplane Model or Helicopter Model. If you know you are in the "ARCO" Airplane model then go directly to step 1.

If you are not, then you have to go into "SETUP". Starting with the radio OFF/POWERED DOWN.
    To get to "SETUP" you must press and hold the "DOWN" and "SELECT" buttons simultaneously while turning on the power. This all has to be done at the same time to get into "SETUP".

In "SETUP" Now, press the "UP" or "DOWN" button until "TYPE SELECT" is on the screen. Verify that "ARCO" is selected. If it is not press the "INCREASE" or "DECREASE" button until "ARCO" is highlighted and then press the "CLEAR" button to accept "ARCO"
    image.jpg

Now let's go into servo reversing.
    If rudders are working in the wrong direction we can try this:

Step 1. Power On DX7

Step 2. Enter "Function Mode".
    You enter function mode by simultaneously pressing the "Down" and "Select" buttons at the same time.

Step 3. Now in "Function Mode", Press the UP or DOWN buttons until "Reversing SW" shows up in the screen of the DX7.

Step 4. Now in "Reversing SW", Press the "SELECT" button to select the channel that your Rudders are assigned And physically connected to. You will notice in the picture below that channel 5 "GEAR" is highlighted. "RUDDER" is channel 4.

Step 5. Press the "INCREASE" or "DECREASE" button to reverse or make normal the servo direction of the Rudder.
    image.jpg

You have 7 channels to choose from assuming you are using the AR7000 receiver. Change the one that your Rudder is connected to, which should probably be channel 4.
    image.jpg

Now check rudder movement. If it is good now then follow the same above steps for Ailerons and the Elevator.

Please let us know how this works and what you find.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    RCUrso likes this.
  20. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Maybe you messed up your post a bit Jack because when you move your Throttle stick left and right your rudders are supposed to move. Your throttle stick should be your left stick on a Mode-2 Radio.
    Left stick is Throttle, up and down movement on it is throttle, left and right movement on it is rudder. Right stick up and down movement on it is elevator and right stick left and right movement on it is aileron.
    Here it is looking from the back of the F-18 V4 Hornet.
    Neutral position, left throttle stick all the way down. Right stick in the center:
    image.jpg

Ailerons, left throttle stick all the way down and right stick movement, right and left:
    image.jpg
    Rudders and Elevators, for rudder movement the left stick moves left and right. For elevator movement the right stick is moved up and down. Notice that for the rudders to move that the throttle left stick movement DOES NOT move up or down in this example.:
    image.jpg

This is for a Mode-2 radio. Mode-1 radio the sticks are opposite.

Jack, you probably already do but if not you really need to be certain you understand these basic control surface movements in relation to your radio. Without this being committed to memory, "in stone" so to speak, setting any plane up will be extremely difficult as this is probably the absolute basic starting point. That simulator, if properly setup for a Mode-2 radio should help you to visualize this better and help commit it to memory.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    FED50H likes this.