FRCFOAMIES ALPHA JET MK1

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Incisal

Incisal Ace Pilot

Thanks Bryce.
    My dog Ori, short for Orion, likes to go flying. He's a little under the weather today. He'll bounce back soon chasing the planes.
    Can't beat an Alpha Glow, fly's anytime you get the urge!! Day or Night, wind or no wind!:)

F1wanabe likes this.
  2. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

I will own an 'Alpha Glow' in the near future, but...i am saving the days with lots of daylight for my regular Alpha jet and other planes. As soon as i don't have enough daylight to fly, U can bet I'll be working on an 'Alpha Glow' :)

I hope Ori gets better soon. Someone has to fetch your Alpha Jet every time u land it ;)

F1wanabe and Incisal like this.
  3. Incisal

Incisal Ace Pilot

Ha, Ha!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

F1wanabe likes this.
  4. Newt

Newt Administrator

Could this be an Alpha jet?
    E3_Scott - this is in your neck of the woods.... you have anything to share with us? ;)

Airflow likes this.
  5. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Haha, really looks like an Alpha glow jet!
    Scott..? ;-)

6. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hmmmm, interesting, that might be out in Richmond outside Vancouver which is close to the International Airport, looks like some videos spliced together as the "flying object" does not appear to be moving too far...:rolleyes:

Unfortunately for those of us in the RC world here in Canada, Vancouver International was the recent site of a "near miss" between an airliner on approach and some irresponsible RC helicopter pilot's large RC helicopter. The RC helicopter was so close, the commercial airline pilot queried ATC as he thought it might be a real helicopter. Eye witnesses claim there was approximately less than two hundred feet of clearance between the airplane and the RC helicopter. Unfortunately the RC pilot was never found and has not stepped forward.

It has drawn considerable attention from Transport Canada and MAAC (Model Aviation Association of Canada), the Canadian version of AMA, so we are hoping it doesn't mean the government is going to clamp down on RC flying more than they already have. Fortunately the field where I fly is a MAAC certified field and as long as everyone follows the rules, life is good, but like with many things in life, it only takes one idiot to ruin it for all the responsible people out there.

Now as for the "flying object", if I was still in the Air Force, I might be able to find out some good intel...but alas, I am but a humble pensioner...:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Scott

Newt likes this.
  7. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Just had to share this video! I don't think he is a member here but go check out his video, he has made a few alpha jet video's but this one is really good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Newt

Newt Administrator

That pilot has some steady nerves to fly that low over the water.

9. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Great music too!:cool:! longing for a beer at the pub, when I hear it!

Newt likes this.
  10. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

Rock solid high alpha. Not real high, high alpha, but solid and steady. Cool video!

11. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Cough, cough, hint, hint......... A10? ;)

Newt likes this.
  12. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

You sound like me. Did i give you my cough? :)

Maiden of the A-10 coming soon. My wife and I have been very sick for over a week. Feeling much better and hoping to maiden this weekend!

Boxermad84 likes this.
  13. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

I'll take it from you if that means you can get out and fly!

FatherAndSons likes this.
  14. okolloen

okolloen Airman

It's been raining all day, but that means progress on a project that was put on hold for a while. All my Alpha Jet needs now is a receiver (as long as the weather doesn't clear I'll wait for one to come trough the mail, if the weather clears I might just steal one somewhere else.)
    2013-11-03-18.47.13.jpg
    I had this cut, painted (or for the yellow top wing, taped) and ready to be assembled a while ago. Then I discovered the FliteTest Spitfire and I just had to build that one. Then Jay and Greg released the plans for the Mosquito and that was another need to have. Well, both of those flies great, though I think the Mosquito will be much happier once winter sets in and I'll be able to create a landing strip out on the field. The semi long gras that's out there now isn't a good place to land it.

This on the other hand I can land anywhere. The days are getting shorter up north in Norway, I can't very well stop flying just because there's no light. So, taking inspiration from what I've seen on this thread I've added lots of lights to mine.
    2013-11-03-18.49.jpg 2013-11-03-18.52.28.jpg

I will definitely maiden it while it's daylight, but it'll be interesting to see if it'll be possible to fly in semi darkness or just pitch black.

Hope this flies as well as it looks and like I've seen other Alpha Jets fly.

Airflow, hwilton, MacLarry and 3 others like this.
  15. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Took advantage of the warm day in December here....Perfect alpha jet weather.

FatherAndSons and Jeriah like this.
  16. Jeriah

Jeriah Top Gun

Not fair! Here if you fly for more than 2 minutes your hands get dumb. It's around 20 degrees! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FED50H likes this.
  17. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

70 here....packed up right before the rain came though.....

18. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

Hey Chip, when i started your video, i wondered how you would protect the bottom when landing on the asphalt...i had a few ideas but watched the whole video waiting in anticipation to see your landing. Man that was perfect! No damage to the bottom even landing on asphalt. I never would have thought of that

:);):D:cool:

FED50H, ASD, lawrenceb and 1 other person like this.
  19. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Yep, it is a gift ;) lots of practice with unconventional landings...did you see how I landed the CNE?

FatherAndSons, F1wanabe and Newt like this.
  20. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

The cne landing...ingenious :) and skillful. Dont think i could have pulled that off.