FRCFOAMIES ALPHA JET MK1

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Incisal

Incisal Ace Pilot

Well I'm sorry to say my Alpha Jet #1 is no more. I tried to fly it on Saturday in between storms and again I asked someone to watch. That is my fatal last sentence, "Want to see my plane fly?" It made intimate contact with my parking lot and didn't far to well. It tore everything out and apart. I think I had so much tape and hot glue it just didn't fly.
    Thank goodness it only takes a little bit of time to make another one. I have video of the last flight, but sorry to say I am imbarrassed to show my faults again to the world. :(
    It won't be long before I have #2 up and running. I am determined to get this up and running if it takes all the depron that Grayson hobby has!:p

FatherAndSons and F1wanabe like this.
  2. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Incisal, I've done this too with other planes. It's really a smart thing to do. That was your experimental alpha jet which was meant to be pushed and abused to find the limit. Now that you are clear on that you will build your real alpha jet to fly and enjoy. Genius!

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

FatherAndSons likes this.
  3. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Incisal... Your plane probably had some kind of curse ...:confused: or something!?* ... Because it's next to impossible to have such bad luck ... that you have had... with your Alphajet. I feel with you ...:( But As F1 says. Next plane, a real Alphajet! .... Good luck!! I admire your attitude!:)!!

4. Incisal

Incisal Ace Pilot

Thanks guys, I will have a second experimental plane. Its going to be just Alpha Jet, just as the plans call for. No changes period!!!

Airflow likes this.
  5. Wsamoset

Wsamoset Ace Pilot

Rudders make things even more fun!

I crashed mine too
    it was during when i was flying it with no nose because i crashed it before:rolleyes:, and was to lazy to make a new one. The good thing is that i an going to keep this little mod because it gave me more power!
    What caused the crash was the clip holding the control wire to the control horn came off making it spiral into the ground.

FatherAndSons and Incisal like this.
  6. Incisal

Incisal Ace Pilot

My nose broke off to, but I picked it up and threw it. It again crashed. What can I say? Yours looked pretty good flying with its nose missing. You got crazy skills!

Wsamoset likes this.
  7. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

Sorry to hear about the loss of Alpha Jet #1 Incisal. Get that second one in the air. It is so much fun to fly. I don't ever go to the field without mine.

Persistence is the name of the game. You'll get it! ;)

F1wanabe likes this.
  8. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

9. Incisal

Incisal Ace Pilot

Hi jay,
    I have #2 Alpha jet on my work bench almost all together. I'd say 1 good hour will have it ready for a maiden. It amazed me how fast the second one goes together! It has been raining non stop for so long I would not of had a good day to fly it anyway. The weather in the midwest has not been very nice this year.
    I should have it ready this coming week and I will provide video so I can get a few pointers from the local pro's.
    Thanks for asking.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Maestro likes this.
  10. HSV_Freak

HSV_Freak Cadet

I wait for my RC components from Hobbyking, its a long way to Germany.
    And then goes forwerd to build to finish.

Boxermad84 likes this.
  11. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

yes, it does go together very easy and quick! hope you have better luck with the new one.

12. Wsamoset

Wsamoset Ace Pilot

hey guys! i brought my alpha jet to camp AMA and have been doing a little "marketing" :D
    so far two people really want to build one!:)

(ill be uploading footage tomorrow)

F1wanabe likes this.
  13. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Wsamoset, great job selling! I wish selling coffee was as much fun as selling planes! Isn't it amazing the response this plane gets. Kind of like the f117 on steroids.

www.youtube.com /gstrysky

www.frcfoamies.com

Boxermad84 and Wsamoset like this.
  14. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

15. Its a camp for airplanes. Ama is what we have for insurance to fly at local clubs

cuz tooling around just doesn't cut it, full stick and full throws

16. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

17. Yeah their a really big organization here in the states.

cuz tooling around just doesn't cut it, full stick and full throws

18. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

19. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

Great news! My wife surprised me and took some video of me flying the Alpha Jet yesterday. I didn't even know that she had filmed this short Alpha Jet flight until I sat down on the couch last night to look at some pictures with her yesterday. She had come to the field to see my new "Stansbury Park Flyers Club" banner pull maiden flight (I won't hijack this thread with my banner pull info, but will find a similar thread or start a new one for more info on the banner pull)
    SAM_0422.JPG
    and she surprised me by taking a short video clip of one of my very favorite planes - THE ALPHA JET. It is so much fun to fly. Here is the video she took yesterday:

20. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Beautiful day to fly, Bryce! Excellent! And very nice of your wife to record it. Even on the wind, the Alpha Jet inspires confidence. In the next week or 2 I'll be building 2 of them. One for me and one for Jay when he comes to visit next month.

www.youtube.com /gstrysky

www.frcfoamies.com

Boxermad84 and FatherAndSons like this.