FRCFoamies A10 Warthog MK2 PLANS AVAILABLE!!

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Nov 4, 2014.

1. RCJohnnyB

RCJohnnyB Ace Pilot

Simple, clean and, I agree with u, a *very cool* logo choice.

BarryM likes this.
  2. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

Started back up on the 80%, I did have to cut down formers to get the fuselage to fit. Using the reverse folding will aid in less work for guys that want a nice finish. This of course is if your using DTF board. Should be able to do the same folds for the wings.
    20150207_051451_HDR.jpg

BarryM likes this.
  3. darren

darren Airman

do you want them e-mailed to frc foamies.com or do you have a email you would like them emailed to

4. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

5. BarryM

BarryM Ace Pilot

Hoped to get the HOG finished this weekend but it's been consigned to the back burner for a few days as I've been busy doing some repair work after a couple of mishaps on Saturday A.M.
    Firstly the prop on my SU30 disintegrated whilst accelerating on full throttle, think it may have been damaged during a few previous unscheduled stops, I landed o/k but the motor mount was damaged and shrapnel bitten off quite a few chunks of Depron.
    The second incident was to my beloved MIG29, this was simple, I think I dived instead of ducking :(, I got off lightly I was low and slow and only the front 50mm or so of the nose section damaged.......oh well maybe get the A10 finished off during the week and then hope for some not so windy conditions...:)

F1wanabe likes this.
  6. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

Sorry to hear about the damage Barry, at least you have weather to fly. Still a foot or so on the ground here in NY and more expected tonight into Monday.

I just about have gone as far as I can go with my 80% build. I mounted servos in the wings but I don't have any other free components.

I have six flyable planes right now with 2 needing a first flight, one being the A-10. Once I get a chance to fly again it won't be long before I have what I need:) pilot skills could use a little work.

BarryM and F1wanabe like this.
  7. BarryM

BarryM Ace Pilot

Ditto with the Pilot skills, we don't see any snow down here, middle of summer right now about 30deg C in the shade with lot's of humidity.......:cool:..got to keep the planes flyable..:)

8. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

homey666Airman

Posts:144Likes:120Points:43NewPoured all day so spent most of it making a canopy for the Hog. Diff i cult! Made a wooden form and tried melting a clear pop bottle around it but ended up having to use four pieces glued together. Used Googone to get rid of most of the glue residue but still a bit smudgy. Used black Duck tape sheeting for framing and to hide the seams. Not bad for a first try and I learned a lot. Looks good from a few feet away so should look pretty scale in the air. Man this is fun!

Homey

Attached Files:

9. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

I agree it's a bit difficult, hard to get the rounded effect. Did you try just cutting the bottle the same as the plans and doing away with the less rounded look? I have had good success by doing that on my Messerschmidt, albeit it is a squarer canopy on that plane.

I was thinking of doing that on my 80% build, I still have plenty of time to play around with it.
    with over a snow on the ground and more coming, it don't look like I'll be flying anything soon.

Or I can start something else, I still have a new case of DTF sitting here:D

The Alpha Jet looks like fun.

F1wanabe likes this.
  10. darren

darren Airman

Hi I was wondering if this would be any help for your canopy, if you have a laminator cut out the canopy along the black lines place outline in laminator and cut out round the edge of canopy fold the two tabs on the side windows and crease the canopy at the top window and down the sides at front windscreen Put a dab of superglue on tabs and glue them to the back window this will form a clear canopy with window lines hope this helps

Attached Files:

homey666 likes this.
  11. darren

darren Airman

almost forgot the canopy will print on a4 paper

12. Chrisrohrer

Chrisrohrer Airman

Ah Haaaa...... Again the bar has been raised....!!!!
    Nice work !!!!

darren and F1wanabe like this.
  13. darren

darren Airman

thanks,still trying to get my head around sketchup hopefully I can make a cleaner pdf of the canopy, but they do work well I have one on my scratch build fockewulf my planes 019.jpg my planes 022.jpg

homey666, Newt and F1wanabe like this.
  14. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Wow Darren. Very cool. Never even thought of a laminator! BTW, the canopy on your FW is excellent.
    Thanks so much for the tips.

Homey

darren likes this.
  15. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

Just looking at my 80% build and thinking about canopy options, I noticed how this fuselage and tail section is very similar to the B-25 Mitchell bomber. A few turrets and duel engines and I bet some of you better builders could make it happen. have a look at some pictures and let me know if I am way off
    here.

16. BarryM

BarryM Ace Pilot

A bit of a dilemma here......:confused:...I have not bothered with checking the weight or CG but the A10 is weighing in at an enormous 970g (34oz) probably too much hot glue ? & paint (80g)...here's what I have....
    Weight without batteries.. 700g (24.7oz)
    Using 2 x 1800mah 3 cell in parallel pushed about 35mm forward through the former (after cutting a hole in it) which balances it on the CG point..

Batteries.JPG

2826 2200 Turnigy
    6 x 4 APC prop
    30 ESC
    4 x 9g servos
    2 x 1800mah 3cell
    I think I'm gonna be a bit low on power but a bigger motor will require more weight up front...:(
    All suggestions are welcome.......:)

17. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

F1wanabe, BarryM and ASD like this.
  18. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

I Agree with Jay. Plus, your a10 looks very scale so it'll look even better flying it scale ! You may need to pull the batteries all the way back to get cg right.

19. BarryM

BarryM Ace Pilot

This is the strange thing............I had to cut an opening in the front former to obtain the correct CG by pushing the batteries 35mm through it ???

20. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

That seems odd if you are using two 1800 batteries. Do you have a lot of reinforcements on the tail? Maybe servos are back there?