FRCFoamies A10 Warthog MK2 PLANS AVAILABLE!!

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Nov 4, 2014.

1. darren

darren Airman

I use polyfilla one fill (in U.K) just went to hardware store and lifted every tube till I grabbed one that felt empty nice lightweight filler easy to work with and easy to sand

2. darren

darren Airman

now I am jealous that gun is awesome

3. BarryM

BarryM Ace Pilot

Down here in Sunny South Africa we have this Litefill product....the whole tub weighs only around 100g for 250ml of the stuff... Alcolin Litefill small.jpg

DavePowers, ASD and F1wanabe like this.
  4. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

Going to have a look around the hardware store for something similar here in US.
    The 80% I am building is mostly dtf and will have less gaps due to the paper covering. I am folding the opposite way of frc foamies.

5. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

6. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Degriz, you will need to either adjust your cuts to compensate for an inside score. This means that usual need to either trim all fuselage formers down, or redo the fuselage scores to add 6mm between both sides to compensate for the foam thickness. Good luck!

7. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

8. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

I never gave that much thought, I will look into it when I get back next week. At a $1.00 a sheet it's no problem making a few mistakes. Thanks for the info.
    ummm if you use my paint technique be sure to clear coat the ink. Any dampness will cause it to run.

F1wanabe likes this.
  9. Limie99

Limie99 Cadet

Hi Guys,

Ok....here is my rendition of the new and improved A-10 Warthog mk2. Awesome build! Thanks Jay and Greg. At 32 oz....hope this will be ok with an RC Timer 2826 and going to use a 6 x 5.5. Any thoughts Jay or Greg? Will not be able to maiden for a couple of weeks....I‘ll let you know how it goes. IMG_20150129_234744.jpg IMG_20150129_234233.jpg IMG_20150129_235005.jpg

darren, DEGRIZ, BarryM and 1 other person like this.
  10. BarryM

BarryM Ace Pilot

Been really busy in the paint shop......completed the grey fuselage and painted on the black lightning bolts....:) Next the yellow pinstripe around the black, needs to be around 3mm wide, 'twould appear that Rocking Horse droppings are far more plentiful than 3mm yellow pinstripe tape here.:( Plan B, use some 5mm tape that I have (a couple of hours work) or mask and paint a 3mm strip (a couple of days work)...no contest,:confused:............

Thunderbolt details small.JPG

Next the wings and tail section then the decals....

Jay sent me the 3D printer file for the GUN, getting someone to print it is another story, it appears 3 printing is still in its infancy state here or better still, but an embryo,:rolleyes: looks like if I want a gun up front I'm going to have to make one....

malukk, FED50H, darren and 2 others like this.
  11. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

Looking good, Barry

Does depron hold up much better than the
    DTF. I never used it and was wondering if the day to day moving around and transporting of the model takes a beating like DTF.

Hate to put that much work into my DTF models and have them look shabby after a few flights.

BarryM likes this.
  12. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Wow, limie99,what a nice smooth finish to the plane! The power system should work at that weight! It won't be a fast plane, but, other than Jay, I really haven't see anyone flying the A10 fast, haha. I like to see it go by slowly in order to enjoy the view. Good luck with the maiden flight!

13. BarryM

BarryM Ace Pilot

The model I built prior to this was a Mig29 V4, I put a couple of coats of clear urethane over it and with a little extra care when handling and transporting it still looks new after about 50 flights but it hasn't had any unscheduled stops yet....

Mig & A10 small.JPG

EricR likes this.
  14. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Wow, Barry, super sharp with the yellow accents! You are really detailing this well!

BarryM likes this.
  15. thunderfisst

thunderfisst Cadet

Finally got my props, she is ready to fly. Over a foot of snow on the ground and still snowing. It will be a while for maiden. I put 2 cf rods between the nacelles for support, they seemed a little weak with the motors installed. Probably should put them in the nacelle supports during the build but didn't think about it then. You guys are building some beautiful A-10s, great paint job! 2015-01-30 15.05.34.jpg

Newt, hwilton, BarryM and 4 others like this.
  16. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Very nice! I have wanted to do that for a couple years- believe that you are the first! Good luck!

17. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

I really like the contrast with the black foam board.
    Not sure when I am going to get mine in the air, I also have a Messerschmidt that needs a maiden.

18. Chrisrohrer

Chrisrohrer Airman

It looks like this one is going to haul A$$ !!! Nice work....PLEASE TAKE VIDEO !!!!

19. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Hi all,

This may have been covered at some point but I'm getting down to brass tacks on my build and wondering if there'd be any harm with a 4x4 setup? Also, is it best to have the servos as close to the cg as possible? I've been snooping around and this seems to be the concensus.

Homey

20. hwilton

hwilton Airman

4 x 4 is usually used linking elevons + ailerons..are you splitting the elevator into elevons?
    I think adding working rudders would be more effective / useful on A10......

Concentrating weight around the CG makes a plane more agile / responsive.......H