FRCFoamies A10 Warthog MK2 PLANS AVAILABLE!!

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by F1wanabe, Nov 4, 2014.

1. whatmovesyou

whatmovesyou Top Gun

Interesting question- yours are pushers, were NASA (props pulling) recommends the tip to go toward fuse (p factor). Hope you try in both directions to see if one is preferred over the other.

With the thrust line changed (moved up) and a large amount of thrust added, will be interested in results. Did you scale up? Are you using differential thrust?

2. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

I did that testing with the alpha jet twin prop and with the rcpowers t50 v2 twin prop which is more like your application. In both cases, props rotating inwards towards the fuselage was much more stable!

3. FRC Foamies SU37 twin ntm propdrive 2700kv 4s:

In this bird I found that it the top or the blades rotating towards the center made it much more stable

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

udo789 and F1wanabe like this.
  4. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Just wanted to get some pics of my completed bird up here. The weather has been less than accommodating. The ground is super saturated when it isn't frozen. My cutting skills aren't as spot on as they should be, so I have some gaps in my fuse. I also added some nose weight (strips of pneumatic nails) to get the CG right, as I am only using a 2200 mah 3s. I wanted to be able the see it, and I like the unconventional paint schemes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Newt, DEGRIZ, Slobberknocker and 2 others like this.
  5. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Looking good Chip! That would definitely be visible in the snow, hint hint!

6. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Yeah yeah. I have 2 batteries charged... The only plane I have that I consider snow worthy is the hydro...but I am dying to maiden it....it practically begs to be flown

flyhighhobbies, ASD and F1wanabe like this.
  7. thunderfisst

thunderfisst Cadet

Good job! It looks great. Looks snow worthy to me. Waiting for the props for mine then I'll be flying in the snow too

F1wanabe likes this.
  8. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Airman

Mmmmm...Looks like one of those fancy mint chocolate candies they leave on you motel room bed.....I likey. :)

FED50H and F1wanabe like this.
  9. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

Looks great! Don't worry about gaps you don't see them in the pictures or on the low passes:)

FED50H likes this.
  10. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

My 80% build as well as the maiden flight for my first build is on hold, heading to Vegas for vacation:)

I know after few days I'll be having foam withdrawals!

11. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Looking forward to seeing this at 80%...

12. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Vegas vacation? Are you all packed and ready to go?
    [​IMG]

Newt, molaman14 and Slobberknocker like this.
  13. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Airman

LOL ^^^Love it^^^ Brings back some childhood memories. No seat belts, no airbags, no crumple zones, sitting backward in the back fold up seats.....its amazing we ever lived!

F1wanabe likes this.
  14. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Airman

FYI......5 Minutes from downtown!
    1/21/2015 - NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev. -- Red Flag 15-1 is scheduled to begin Jan. 26 and will conclude Feb. 13. Base officials want to remind southern Nevada residents that they may notice increased military aircraft activity during this time period

15. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Excellent, that would be great to see! Look out for some a10's! Funny you should mention seat belts. We had a '62 beetle. When the 6 of us went for a ride, I would have to sit in the cubby behind the back seat!
    [​IMG]
    Lots of rear impact protection. I was the original "rear seat airbag"!

16. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Airman

Love it! Now your the airbag behind the steering wheel....right? :)

17. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Haha, I guess you're right! Have fun in Las Vegas. The hooters restaurant in the resort is excellent. The food I mean.

18. DEGRIZ

DEGRIZ Cadet

We to had VW beetles, first a 66, me and brother spent lots of time in that cubby.

My son did 8 years in the air force, last station was Nellis, He married and settled not far from the base,
    and is still in the reserves. We have a vacation/retirement home about 2 miles from them, have to stay
    close to the grand daughter.

F1wanabe and ASD like this.
  19. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Airman

Here is a list of the aircraft flying in this first session. I don't see any A-10s.

The exercise will include U.S. forces and aircraft from:

- 1st Fighter Wing, 94th Fighter Squadron, F-22As, Langley AFB, Va.
    - 20th Fighter Wing, 79th Fighter Squadron, F-16CJs, Shaw AFB, S.C.
    - 55th Electronic Group, 43rd Electronic Combat Squadron, EC-130s, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
    - 57th Wing, 526th Intelligence Squadron, DCGS, Nellis AFB, Nev.
    - 158th Fighter Wing, 134th Fighter Squadron, F-16Cs, Burlington, Va. ANG.
    - 114th Fighter Wing, 175th Fighter Squadron, F-16Cs, Sioux Falls, S.D. ANG.
    - 31st Fighter Wing, 555th Fighter Squadron, F-16CMs, Aviano, AFB, Italy.
    - Carrier Air Wing 17, Electronic Attack Squadron 132, EA-18G, Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash.
    - 9th Reconnaissance Wing, 99th Reconnaissance Squadron, U-2, Beale AFB, Calif.
    - 55th Wing, 43rd Electronic Combat Squadron, EC-130H, Davis Monthan AFB, Ariz.
    - 509th Bomb Wing, 393rd Bomb Squadron, B-2As, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
    - 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 225, F/A-18D, Marine Corps Air Station, Miramar, Calif.
    - 461st Air Control Wing, 12th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, E-8s, Robins AFB, Ga.
    - 55th Wing, 348th Reconnaissance Squadron, RC-135s, Offutt AFB, Neb.
    - Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing, Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron 1, EP-3C, NAS Whidbey Island, Wash.
    - Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing Ten, Patrol Squadron 46, P-3C, NAS Whidbey Island Wash.
    - 22nd Air Refueling Wing, TTF, KC135s, McConnell AFB, Kan.
    - 23rd Wing, 79th Rescue Squadron, HC-130Js, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
    - 23rd Wing, 66th Rescue Squadron, HH-60Gs, Nellis AFB, Nev.
    - 552nd Air Control Wing, 965th Airborne Air Control Squadron, E-3s, Tinker AFB, Okla.
    - 57th Wing, 64th Aggressor Squadron, F-16Cs and F15Cs, Nellis AFB, Nev.

In addition to U.S. aircraft, the Royal Australian Air Force, flying C-130Js, and the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom, flying Typhoons, F-15C's, E-3D's, Sentinels and a CRC will participate in Red Flag 15-1.

20. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

I have to admit that this would have been a bit daunting if I hadn't built a few RCP planes! This is the coolest thing I've built yet but I wouldn't recommend it for newbies. What a blast, though. I'm bouncing around a scale looking canopy and pilot which should look pretty good. Between FRC, RCP and all those great posts from members, it's pretty hard to go wrong....... Although I can alwsys find a way! Haha.

Cheers,

Homey

Attached Files:

ASD, Boxermad84 and F1wanabe like this.