FRCFOAMIES 3D BEAST (PROFILE)

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Mar 2, 2013.

1. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

ok got the aileron linkage figured out(too stiff no swing to it) and read the crack pit thread, i like the idea of 2 small servos for elevator/rudder and a 9g servo for ailerons. i'll make that change on my next one.

lysle42 likes this.
  2. Pilot_X

Pilot_X Cadet

Yeah I was pretty close to pull the trigger for a crack pitts, but then you came up with the beast, so I rather build one myself instead of buying a kit.

I guess I gonna add the side force gens they won't hurt in terms of weight and will help in hoover stability.

Will be using the t-motor AT2206 1500kv 24g I love that little beast can be used with a 9x4.7 - 2s or 8x4.3 - 3s with a 12a esc. Im using 2s450 or 3s360 both are nearly the same weight +-2g. So no CG shifting.

The EPP is shipped so I should be able to start the build this weekend .

3. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

That motor sounds interesting. I could use more performance than the 2208-14 offers. I'll check it the out! Glad to hear you are considering this build. I would like to see what you think!

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

4. Pilot_X

Pilot_X Cadet

I can really recommend it , Tried a lot of Motors in my rcfactory edge 540 this was by far the best in terms of balance between power and consumption. Also I like that it can take 2 or 3s below 10A draw

Here are the specs : [​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

5. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

ok done, 11.9 oz finished weight with battery and all electronics

F1wanabe likes this.
  6. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

7. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

lol just maiden it, wow u really need cg perfect, lol 2 or 3 inchs back and it gets crazy and with full throws its fun, those 2 big ailerons will get it spinning. with cg that far off, it only hovered or knife edged, but it did those perfectly and only those 2 things lol. lol ok maybe i shouldn't have but i flew 2 whole battery's this way. could launch it in a hover and just fly it around in a hover. very cool, never got to test it's speed but it sure hovers perfectly and slow and smooth. think i may need to shim the motor a little too, but i'll have to research that, never built a plane with front motor. power on nose up and only want to knife edge 1 way, motor off could level it out and bring her in for a nice smooth landing. battery up against motor mount now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

she wants to go vertically under power and to the left. ok motor shimmed, cg set better, batteries charged, heading back. i'll let u know how it goes

9. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

My battery is all the way forward to get cg right. With such a light plane all surfaces have to be perfectly aligned or it will pitch, yaw, etc. It took me several tweaks to get it right. Also, spreading weight from right to left equally. Since I have the esc and rx on one side I move battery slightly to the other. It takes a few flights but it is worth it to get it right.

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

10. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

11. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

she needs a little more side to side balance but damn shes fun to fly. you can slow her down to nothing just about stop her while heading into the wind(2.2mph). she will do laps with almost no air speed, then can throttle up into a beautiful loop or even perfect hover. she flies on knife edge effortlessly. wow pretty crazy bird here, i need my 9x so badly for her. i'm pretty new to this, mini cub then a f-35 about 2 months into this but could fly her effortlessly with a radio that has no dual rates or expo. she will fly slower than my mini cub and do things neither my mini cub or f-35 can do and do them well, for somebody with no 3d or acrobatic stick time she makes me look much better than i am. thanks guys really enjoy flying the beast. plus i can fly her almost anywhere, doesn't take much space to fly her.

ASD likes this.
  12. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

ASD likes this.
  13. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

i will try what a fun little plane

ASD likes this.
  14. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Yes, glad you are happy! Using the rudder all the time alwas my biggest learning curve. Keeping it smooth in banking turns especially. Great work! Please post video!

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

15. p51funfighter

p51funfighter Airman

16. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

rudder damn i need to remember i have one and see how it works lol

p51funfighter likes this.
  17. p51funfighter

p51funfighter Airman

18. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

19. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

its a hand full lol, i couldn't get her back to me lol, had to land her pretty far out, everytime i'd want to turn her back to me i ended up inverted or knife edged, 100% throws a lot to learn with, with her

20. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

i pulled out my receiver from her, going back to my f-35 until i get my 9x. ohh and i hate prop savers have had nothing but issues with the one i have, why yes it has saved the prop and more 3 times but it has stopped me from flying 2 times