FPV-evy Anything / Everything how-to series :)

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by DutchRC, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Halloa people :)

in this blog I'll try to show you (mostly people new to FPV) how to easily FPV-enable most any RC.. Planes & Quadcopters offcourse, but allso cars.. motorcycles.. boats.. Whatever You would feel like FPV-ing :)

Link to this set: Runcam Micro Swift 2 - TX200 combo

In the first video of this series I'll be doing a proof of concept / testing a setup I have in mind for this series (as it is Small & easy to install)

So.. did that work well enough you'd say??

Lens on the Micro Swift 2 cam: 2.3mm
    camera mode: PAL
    VTX power: set to 25mW

FED50H likes this.
  2. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Nice Dutch. Long flight time for an edf...I have my aomways on order (couldn't wait for the release of the v2s, or the eachine ev200s) . Eachine qx65 (mininquad) is ordered too. Looking forward to your run cam set up videos, as I have quite a few planes to try and for with. Great videos, keep them coming.

F1wanabe likes this.
  3. Thanks man.. yeah.. for an EDF, the flight time is indeed Good :)
    Ahh well I don't think there is any need to wait for the v2.. The Commander I have works like a charm :)

Will do sir! I'm allready working on the next 2 parts in this series :)

FED50H likes this.
  4. Et voila.. Part 2 in this series..
    In this part I'll go more in-depth into the technical how-to of FPV-ing stuff And why I chose this particular setup :)

FED50H likes this.
  5. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Great timing. Got mine in the mail yesterday. Got a few fpv flights in today with the aomway goggles and an eachine qx65. Ready to add the camera to my park park flyers that I've built. Great video set Dutch.

Wildthing and DutchRC like this.
  6. very cool man! Let me know what you think of the set :)
    And thank you offcourse!

FED50H and Wildthing like this.
  7. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Sure thing. I have to fly out for business tomorrow, but when I return, I will be on it...hopefully the weather will be more cooperative. We had some snow flurries today.

DutchRC and Wildthing like this.
  8. The weather over here has been Very nice the last few days :)
    That never lasts long in the Netherlands though :D

FED50H likes this.
  9. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

IMG_20180419_180358958_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180419_180409389_HDR.jpg

Not pretty, but this V2 has been thru hell already. JMD set it on fire and burned the entire center out of it...perfect beast to attempt fpv on...it isn't super fast, but it is very stable (thank you RC Powers) and has a large flight envelope. I'm not sure when the weather will cooperate. I just got back home today from a business trip and apparently no magic elves completed my house chores for me...the camera image is amazingly crisp and clear. Super eager to test it outside. I did not connect the battery monitor wire that Dutch suggested, but I will use a battery alarm for the first few flights to get an idea of how much the video tx eats compared to flying without it

Wildthing and DutchRC like this.
  10. You won't really notice the extra battery consumption at all :)
    Looks like an Excellent plane for a first try man! You really don't want Fast for a first try.. It's quite different flying planes FPV from quads :)
    Good luck offcourse! (having a spotter can help)

FED50H likes this.