Flight Facts PARKJET EBOOK

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Parkjet Ebooks Title.png
    “All the info you need is in one place!”
    I've been going through more chapters and the details in the ebooks are just amazing! I don't think ANY book out there has this many details. It will save you an immense amount of time since all the info you need to know is in one place! Wish I had this when I started out.
    Malukk | April 21, 2016

“This community has changed my life”
    Thanks Dave and Shannon et. al. for your continued hard work and dedication in making the RCPowers "brand" something I'm proud to be a part of. I appreciate your hard work to continue compiling and publishing material like the EBook. I am grateful to purchase YOUR collection for the wealth of information and to support this community that has changed my life in a positive way as I got into RC planes only 2 years ago! Also, I appreciate your selfless attitude to allow other designers to post their designs on this forum and not be threatened by it. It is amazing to watch Model Plane Foam fly by at 50-90 mph, depending on design, and witness the beauty of flight at our control!

EricR | April 15, 2016

“Best book ever written on electric foamies”
    Dave Powers and the Staff: This is without a doubt the Best book ever written on electric foamies. It is not only informative for park jets but for somebody just starting out in any type of foam aircraft this is the Bible!!! Very well done Gentlemen.

Jerry | April 20, 2016

BUY NOW ONLY!
    EBOOK 1 Highlights
    (Sample images only. There are over 80 images and diagrams in this eBook)
    EB 1.png
    EBOOK 2 Highlights
    EB 2.png
    EBOOK 3 Highlights
    EB 3.png
    “Truly wonderful book”
    You have done it again, what a truly wonderful book. I have been flying most of my life and still picked up some wonderful tips from the book. I have also done things because I was told that this was the way to do it without knowing why, I do now. Mate, again, thank you for your book, it is much appreciated.
    Bob | April 11, 2016

“Excellent step by step”
    Wow, Dave and Shannon, where was this when I got started?! Excellent step by step procedures with diagrams and pictures. I've seen guys ask for diagrams in the past and they are here in this eBook!... I've been flying for years and enjoyed looking through it. Thanks for all that hard work you guys put into it!
    Greg | April 11, 2016

“Very very good”
    Just read the whole eBook, very very good...You guys have covered everything pretty much... This will definitely help some new guy if they take the time to read it all... I found myself nodding my head a lot to the "what the pro's do" sections a lot. LOL. Good job, I can see a lot of hard work went into this.”
    Dan | April 11, 2016

BUY NOW ONLY!
    Lifetime guarantee my friend.
    Believe me, there is everything you need in this eBook.
    Email us anytime: info@RCPowers.com
    - Dave Powers

This eBook is a digital download. When you purchase this eBook a direct download link of the PDF files will be instantly emailed to you upon purchase.
    This eBook can be viewed from any smartphone, tablet, and all Mac’s and PC computers. This eBook is also printer friendly. You can print out just the pages you want, or the entire eBook. This eBook is currently over 90 pages, with over 80 images and diagrams. This eBook currently contains over 157 proven parkjet facts with more being added in as they become available. As new facts are added in, your purchase of the FLIGHT FACTS eBook will be updated automatically.

Alpha2, jerrycan, flipside800 and 9 others like this.
  2. Jeriah

Jeriah Top Gun

It looks very well done! I would have loved this when i was starting out. Would have saved a lot of time figuring things out on my own.

Kunal0253, borg187, Shannon and 4 others like this.
  3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

A Parkflyer's must have. Beginners will definitely benefit from it. It will even broaden Pros' pictures of parkjet. :) Always love to learn, always love to know more. Welldone RCP!

4. Jackfronte

Jackfronte Airman

Is there a new jet coming out as well? ;)

5. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Hey thanks Jeriah and Bimo. I personally love this eBook (I know I'm biased) but man, it's the best stuff all in one place. This kind of info gets me excited.

Speaking of, yes Jackfronte, we got a F-15 V5 coming out after the eBook too. It's about the size of the Su-27 V5 (slightly smaller) and is built for stability and speed. We are going to have a good spring here!

borg187, Airflow, Jeriah and 9 others like this.
  6. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Cool Dave! Some people may be loaded with lots of knowledge and skills. However, only few that are able to properly document it where other people can benefit from it. Welldone, Dave!

Sent from my LG-F320K using Tapatalk

borg187, Shannon, DavePowers and 2 others like this.
  7. Baufritz96

Baufritz96 Ace Pilot

Lookin' good!

For the programming chapter, are you going to touch on different systems (spektrum, futaba, opentx), or will it just be the general theory behind it?

8. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Yes, thanks Bimo, that's exactly where we where for many years. We "knew" the information, but have it stuck in our heads. Writing it all out actually felt good ya know.

Baufritz96, when we first started on the ebook last year we did just "general theory" approach... After we stepped back and looked at that, we really didn't like it. It was "too general" and wasn't dealing with the real problems we go through in trying to program these silly things...

So after talking to a few guys we then went full into writing out the specifics for a few of the top radios, (Spectrum, Futaba, Turnigy, etc). But literally as we were writing the chapters we ran into these 2 problems:
    1) The more we wrote on programming each specific radio, the more it just turned into a second manufactures manual if that makes sense.
    2) As we were writing on one particular radio, another one would change (new one came out, old obsolete, product update, etc). So any random part of the information could become obsolete overnight without notice.

So after lots of planning on this issue, we took a new approach: The specifics you need to know to program your parkjet. Meaning, we all need to know servo centering, throws, elevons, expo, basic mixes, etc. I could talk for hours on this (ask or email me if you want more) but the bottom line is we have it in a way that walks a new guy through the real steps he needs to know in his radio to set up his parkjet. We made the steps extremely specific and then backed off just a little bit to not make it "too detailed". Overall, it works! We have been testing it out with guys that email us asking for help and it's been working!

MDavid, borg187, Eldorado4 and 4 others like this.
  9. Baufritz96

Baufritz96 Ace Pilot

Ah, that makes sense.
    I'm still waiting for a standardized system on those radios. Sort of like Windows for RC :D But I guess that ain't gonna happen...

borg187, Shannon, DavePowers and 2 others like this.
  10. callisto

callisto Cadet

I'm holding thumbs that Open TX becomes the standard!

11. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Wow, Dave and Shannon, where was this when I got started?! Excellent step by step procedures with Diagrams and pictures. I've seen guys ask for diagrams in the past and they are here in this eBook! Reminds me of an old VW repair manual I used to have called "How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive: A Manual of Step-by-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot". We call it "The Idiot Book" for short.
    51cgxMEtStL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    It was full of excellent info like this eBook and presented on a one-on-one type of format. Humor too for those times things aren't going quite right. This is "the Idiot Book" for RC! :D I've been flying for years and enjoyed looking through it. Thanks for all that hard work you guys put into it!

12. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Top Gun

yep - 7 years too late for me! lol

great job...now the forums will be dead....someone will ask a question..and the answer from now on will be "see e-book" lol

13. Jackfronte

Jackfronte Airman

I'm going on leave for about two weeks, but I'm getting it as soon as I get back! can't wait to flip the pages!.....oh wait is an ebook! ...Can't wait to hit the next button! ;) Good job Dave!!

14. TacticalFlight

TacticalFlight Ace Pilot

15. Jeriah

Jeriah Top Gun

No more need for flitetest build videos haha

borg187, Wildthing, F1wanabe and 2 others like this.
  16. Jackfronte

Jackfronte Airman

Can't wait! Bring it! hehehe

borg187, Wildthing, Shannon and 2 others like this.
  17. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

I am plenty new enough for this to be useful, plus, I love supporting this place. Purchased.

Heat, borg187, DavePowers and 4 others like this.
  18. Tsabah

Tsabah Cadet

Does look like an interesting option and good buy. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and do a bit of scratch building, but starting to think I might find something good in this.

19. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Thanks so much Greg! Ya... I wish this was around when I started too... lucky I got the guy with the golden info in his head right here though.

But even just having it all in one place is just so great. I even learned a thing or two while putting it together ;)

borg187, malukk, Jeriah and 3 others like this.
  20. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Thanks BadAxeFlyer! You'll love it!

borg187, Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.