F-18 V4 “MULTIROLE PARKJET” (V4 Pro Pack)

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, May 15, 2014.

1. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

Wish my back pain would stop so I can get back to building. It's been a week now 2 days ago I was able to take my first big breath. Before that it hurt to bad to cough or take deep breath. Bending over just makes it hurt more. Spent most of my time laying in bed. But at least I can fly what I have built already. :) my F18 V4, mig 29v3, FliteTest Versawing, F35 v3 and I got my motor on my F117 v3 just need to put my servos on. So at least I'm able to still fly something lol weather permitting.

Rob

Sent from my note 3 using Tapatalk

2. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Scott!
    OMG! such heinous images:eek:, a tragic death:( but they were probably already dead before they hit the ground. o_O?!... Seriously, I feel sorry for you:(. But s**t happens ...
    Anyway, now I know how to get rid of my F-18 V3 in a simple way, hehe! just one 3 mm carbon rod in the wing;) - KF2 6/6 mm. Thanks for the tip! :D;):)...

lysle42, RobDavis and e3_Scott like this.
  3. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Yes, 'twas not my best day, but made for some very hard learned lessons that changed the way I build my planes for the better:) and also taught me to not only do a better job of my soldering in the first place, but to also check it once in awhile...:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Scott

Airflow and RobDavis like this.
  4. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hey Rob, sorry to hear about the back, I know from experience how crippling back injuries can be, so best to take it easy and let it heal as best you can. Look forward to seeing more video of your flying experiences...:)

I'll keep a good thought for you and hope you heal up quick.

Cheers,

Scott

DavePowers, Airflow and RobDavis like this.
  5. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Yes, I hope you get well soon Rob!

6. colorc

colorc Airman

Back pain is the worse. I would have you come to my clinic in wichita and help get you up and running again. Im surprised i didnt wreak my back at the lake this past weekend.

RobDavis likes this.
  7. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Couple hard hits there Rob. Man, hang in there, get through it a step at a time. We are all rooting for ya.

Rustyfingers and RobDavis like this.
  8. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

This is what happens when you get to cocky lol this was before all the other videos had to repair it lol:p

R:cool:B

DavePowers and Airflow like this.
  9. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Too bad no one on the forum thought to warn you about the wing loading, Scott. Oh wait, someone did! ! ;-) Haha. Sorry, couldn't resist. That was a shame though....

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/gstrysky

RobDavis likes this.
  10. ColoradoFlyer

ColoradoFlyer Airman

F-18 V4 Review

So I too thought the F-18 V3 was one of the most stable planes I have flown (my V3 was sadly lost when I started experimenting with over active rudders), so I was skeptical when Dave said the V4 F-18 was even better. Well I can say that it is and more. The roll rate is perfect on the V4, I had to tame it down the V3. The leading edge slats do provide great stability, just like you said Dave, they make your loops look perfect.

The performance is there if you need it, mine does nearly unlimited vertical with the FP2700kv motor on 1800mah, haven't tried any other size battery yet. The turns are great I usually start mine with the ailerons and complete it with the rudder and it tracks oh so nice!! Very stable in heavy winds as you can see from the video below. Just an all around enjoyable airframe. Again my hat goes off to Dave and Scott.

The video below is only my second flight, and since I invested so much time into the paint scheme I haven't got too crazy with it yet. I lost control right at the end when going from quartering tailwind to a quartering headwind, which was strange because I had been making that turn all day with no problems. But, easy fix, that's why I love these scratch built park jets, so easy to repair minor damage! Build this jet you will not be disappointed.

11. ColoradoFlyer

ColoradoFlyer Airman

Oh and I have to thank RobDavis for the song suggestion on the video ;)

RobDavis likes this.
  12. tannlet

tannlet Rookie

So i guess you can't get gust the f18 v3 or just the f18 v4? Can someone tell me if that is possible ?

13. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

Great job and great repair job. Was great music choice hehe :p
    Rob

14. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

I'm assuming gust was just bother plane's are there own packages the V3 and the V4 if either plane's is good for the F 18 but the V4 has 2 different style plane's in the package and the F18 and Mig 29 have been upgraded just little better then the V3 but both are great plans both packages is the way to go im the long run :p V3 gives you the F117 , F35 and the F 22 I love them all there great plane's look so good flying everyone that sees them are amazed I built it. :)
    Hoped this helped.
    Rob

udo789 and Airflow like this.
  15. esmith

esmith Airman

No

tannlet and RobDavis like this.
  16. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

Oh wow was I tired I went to read what I posted and realized my phone changed some of my text :confused::confused: need to figure out where to turn that off lol:p
    Rob

17. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

! Most people understand the context...

RobDavis likes this.
  18. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

oh excuse me ... Rob, I get a little worried when I see your new avatar... is that what's in your mind right nowo_O?
    Or an expression of your back pain ...:eek:? I hope you get well soon!

RobDavis likes this.
  19. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

Nah. It's a picture of a Hugh cloud with the sun Hitting it just right thought it looked amazing lol its temporary

Airflow likes this.
  20. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

oh! ;) Now I'm not worried about you anymore! Keep it! adorable, when you know what it is!

lysle42 and RobDavis like this.