F-18 V4 “MULTIROLE PARKJET” (V4 Pro Pack)

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, May 15, 2014.

1. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

Ya put six servos in the spots on the plan. The plan uses 1600mah battery I used 1800 but it's almost on the CG I would suspect you would be fine cause the CG is just about where my battery is. I put th FP 2700 on it it's fast and slow it does it all can't wait to get it sanded and painted up. I'm sure sanding on my edges will make it faster I was to impatient the weather was so nice and was running out of daylight so I took it out all Square lol.

Rob

e3_Scott likes this.
  2. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Cool, thanks Rob! Glad to hear it went so well for you, I hope to start building my F18 within the week, still have a day or two to get the Mig V4 finished up, painted and ready to go...:)

I understand that need to just get the plane out and fly it, I was so excited to get my last F18 V3 flying, I just put a few stripes of blue painter's tape on the wings and away I went, works so great I might not even paint it...o_O

Thanks for getting back to me, I look forward to trying out the new F18 myself...:cool:

Cheers,

Scott

RobDavis likes this.
  3. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Hey Greg, I forgot to mention that we put the KF all the way up on this one.
    You had done a video on this last year, we tired it, and decided that it was cool enough to do on the V4s. So, that one's for you. :)

RobDavis and F1wanabe like this.
  4. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Rob! What a clean build man, so glad you're doing this one.
    You - are - going - to - love - it!
    It picks up where the V3 leaves off and gets so much more dialed in.
    The fronterons, new ailerons, bigger tails, motor moved up, better balance - oops I'm selling this again... Ha! Really get excited about this one. I'm a huge F-18 fan.
    Ok, I'll shut up and let you fly it!
    Looking forward to more of your reports!

trumpy959 and RobDavis like this.
  5. Rustyfingers

Rustyfingers Ace Pilot

Hi guys, new to the forums. Love these jets. Used to fly one of Tomhe's Mig 29 designs a few years ago and absolutely loved it! Getting back into the hobby. Have a question - i have alot of V-2 motors in the drawer. Will they power these V-4 jets with authority?

RobDavis, DavePowers and F1wanabe like this.
  6. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

The supersonic? Those would be good on all of them, but the su34 would be the most challenged. JettaManDan has the rctimer 2826 on his and it could have used a boost! The tomhe su37 was a great profile plane. Cut my SU teeth on that... Good luck!

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/gstrysky

lysle42 likes this.
  7. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Wow, thanks for remembering that, Dave! I think it does make for smoother transitions between maneuvers especially when the edges are sanded smooth, but more importantly, It looks cool ;-)

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/gstrysky

lysle42, RobDavis and DavePowers like this.
  8. taversano

taversano Rookie

I bought the V3's, im wondering where i can download the v4's. I was told that i wasn't going to have to buy the new ones.

9. mtryon

mtryon Rookie

I'm in a similar predicament... just started the F-18 V3 and now I want to switch to the V4! It looks amazing!

lysle42 likes this.
  10. Eldorado4

Eldorado4 Airman

HI All
    Want to thank all that posted the V4 Page for me, for some reason it came up V3 every time and was seeing a lot of V4 building going on, LOL
    Got it Bought and printed the F18 V4, Just Love the V3 so I cant wait, Happy Flying to all !

DavePowers, ScottLott and RobDavis like this.
  11. ColoradoFlyer

ColoradoFlyer Airman

Any video of this "bird" flying yet? Mine is done except a servo went bad when I was setting up the mixing! Time to get surgical before I can maiden it. I have always loved the profile look of the F-18, and this V4 doesn't dissapoint.

lysle42, Razor, Eldorado4 and 2 others like this.
  12. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

So I slipped trying to run to our car with my kid in my arms. Feet went up back went down landed on upper part of my back on the concrete sidewalk. Think I cracked a thoracic vertebra so they say more test to find out. Needless to say if my back allows me and weather permitting I'm flying this F-18 as soon I'm able too. The pain in my back makes me think I really did hurt it good two days now since all the flooding we had here in ohio.
    I'm just thankful no one got my fall on video lol. :p The wind got knocked out of me my five year old landed on my chest which didn't help me but didn't care for myself didn't want my kid hurt. So I laid their in 3 inch of cold water an mud for about 2 minutes before I could get up. The classic moaning after getting the wind knocked out of you:oops:. Think I might be getting a bone scan so they can see better the CT scan didn't show much.
    Anyway hope :rolleyes: they say I'm good but the pain is telling me otherwise. This is going to slow me down on my other builds :mad:

Rob

13. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

I'm going to upload video of my F18 V4 but it's got square edges still an didn't edit video either.

Rob

14. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

So here is video before I sanded. It's all Square

Was running out of sunlight and great weather.
    Rob

15. Eldorado4

Eldorado4 Airman

No Video yet, have to wait on my order of AERO Sheets 31.5x49.5 from RCFoam and currently installing a whole new Fuselage made from Lowe's FF to the Aero body, LOL
    GOT TO USE WHAT YA HAVE to get back in the Air.
    image.jpg

Airflow, ColoradoFlyer and RobDavis like this.
  16. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

RobDavis likes this.
  17. ColoradoFlyer

ColoradoFlyer Airman

Nice job Rob, was that a little knife edge action I saw on the video? It looks like she can stay pretty slow in the turns. Hope the back pain goes away!!

RobDavis likes this.
  18. RobDavis

RobDavis Ace Pilot

Maybe I know I did a knife edge didn't think she recorded it tho :rolleyes:lol. I'm sure it can do it tho its very maneuverable. It can fly both slow and fast it's a awesome plane. :D Hoping to fly it later I'm all drugged up back is feeling bearable. :cool:
    Rob

Airflow likes this.
  19. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

RobDavis likes this.
  20. chip4263015

chip4263015 Rookie

Do you have to pay additional charges every time new variations are added?