F-15 V5

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, May 30, 2016.

1. Maiden Flight for the new F15 V5

F1wanabe, Airflow, Lgel and 7 others like this.
  2. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

These are all great. Great flying and great looking planes.

They look really professional.

3. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Hey I got a 2nd flight video from Dave on the F-15 V5. Check it out!

lysle42, Airflow, Wildthing and 3 others like this.
  4. Thanks Shannon, it was fun building all 3.

5. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

I do whatever colors I like on top, to make it pretty for me. For the bottom, something I picked up from the Polaris threrad over at RCG early on, that I now use on all of my planes. I put black packing tape stripes on the underside of all my planes. That way I have distinct orientation, colorful on top, Black and White on the bottom.

I tried doing colored stripes of the same scheme I painted on top. I figured, the top side being completely painted and the bottom only having vertical stripes, that it would work. Nope. Totally lost orientation as soon as the plane got a bit of altitude, so I changed it back to all black stripes.

Anyone worried about orientation, try it out. it works awesomely.

6. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

Maiden Flight for my RCPowers F-15 V5. Actually I have a few trial runs at it, I didn't have enough air speed to keep her in the air. But I finally got her there. Wouldn't you know it though, out of no where the wind came blowing in. It caught her on a turn and drove her into the ground. I'm glad I put on a break away nose.. She had a little damage, but nothing like what would have happened had I had the normal nose.
    Here she is before the flight
    F-15 breakaway nose_2.jpg

RumbleRC, lysle42, Shannon and 2 others like this.
  7. Darn it, it looked like the wind was blowing pretty good by watching the grass.

Shannon and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  8. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

Well a final note on my F-15. "She dead Jim." It's been really windy here and as usual I built her heavy. Although I could get her in the air I just didn't have the control I needed. She crashed and completely crushed the fuselage. I'll build it again this time lighter. Look to see the new one soon.

9. Sorry to hear that. :(

bimoadiprakoso and SukhoiLover like this.
  10. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

sirskyhi,
    Sorry to hear of your F-15's untimely demise. I'm sure your next one will be better and you'll enjoy her more. But one thing the successful guys in here have in common can be summed up in the following quote:

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

Fly safely,

SL

11. RumbleRC

RumbleRC Airman

you guys used my quote in the banner I want royalties, custom team shirt and my own coffee mug, thanks.

:D

Shannon, bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  12. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I'll take a coffee mug

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  13. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

You got it... I think I made 15 cents so far on the banner with all the overhead taken out. You can have 60% of it so that'll leave you with $0.09 cents. Do you take a check? I can make it out to "RumbleRC".

As far as the merch you require... I'll require $1500 for the graphics work and $3500 for any photography done. But I'll cover the actually cost of goods... which these days is like nothing... so that'll be $30 bucks for me. But the rest'll cost you $5000... but you could take your royalties out of that so that will help a little bit.

All totalled up you'll owe me $4999.1. Oh and I don't accept checks ;)

14. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

....huh....then can I still have the mug ?

15. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

OUCH--tough crowd!

But, um, I'd like a mug, too . . . .

16. Just think Tom after you sell approximately 55,555.56 mugs the cash will be rolling in.

17. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Haha!

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  18. RumbleRC

RumbleRC Airman

19. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

Sorry for your crash.
    I disagree on your statement "out no where the wind came blowing in. It caught her on a turn and drove her into the ground". The wind doesn't catch your plane, the whole mass of air and your plane
    are moving relative to the ground. When it's windy the air near the ground where we fly is very turbulent, your wings may have different lift, one can fly in an uplift the other no, your plane is constantly rocked and looses aero efficiency (more drag, less lift), thus needs more speed to remain airborne, and more power to maintain the same airspeed.

It is very easy to overestimate your airspeed when turning from downwind (your plane seems to go so fast), and to bank too much with insufficient airspeed. Study your flying site, in certain places of your field you can have strong down lifts that are plane killers.

Where we fly, the landing strip is bordered by a steep bank on one side, with some wind orientation, this creates a short uplift followed by a down lift, difficult to believe how many planes have been turned down when landing, when they are three feet from ground.

Airspeed is your friend in windy conditions, our parjets have a lot of drag, and a slow speed (that is why we can fly them in parks).

Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    SukhoiLover and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  20. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

Hmm, not sure about wanting that mug. Might need a little . . . enhancement? How 'bout putting a nice, oh, I don't know--SUKHOI on it?