F-117 V3: The “Best Looking”

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, Jun 10, 2013.

1. shawnL

shawnL Rookie

Is there a thrust angle built into the motor mount plans ?

2. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

The motor looks perfectly perpendicular to the wing to me!

youtube/gstrysky
    frcfoamies

3. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Dave mentioned a couple posts ago that for now it's only part of the package. The smjv2 would work fine with this, although based on the flight I am posting tonight by FED50H, you would been a 2200 3s to balance.

youtube/gstrysky
    frcfoamies

4. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Here's FED5OH flying my F117v3. He's got a lot of skill to be flying the F117 in such strong winds!

5. skelator

skelator Cadet

have to buy complete packages? man I only wanted F117 :-/

6. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Hey great flying FED50H! Cool guy.

7. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

F1 edited it so I look a lot smoother. The wind was really buffeting it around and F1 and Boxer fly their stuff so sensitive that you merely have to think of moving the sticks. :). The v3 flew like a fighter jet to me. Aerobatic and agile. It was surprising. Slow flight was easy. Fast passes were the same. Rolls were crisp. I normally reserve the low sharp turns for the mig, but this version of the F117 is almost as nimble. The thrust to weight is right on. I would have like to bang it around without the wind wreaking havoc, but I can tell the performance is there. Fantastic changes.

FatherAndSons, ScottLott and F1wanabe like this.
  8. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

here is a couple of action shots of Chip tossing the F-117...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

phoenix_md and captarmour like this.
  9. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

I didn't have any reservations with launching like this. As you release the plane and increase the throttle, the plane falls down away from you, as your hand comes up and back. Not even close. There could be an issue I suppose if you are full throttle launching, but if you are going to do that, then just side saddle toss it....

10. shawnL

shawnL Rookie

That's what I thought , was getting a bit of torque roll so I was wondering ..

11. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Really cool shots FED50H and Dan!

12. menkiboj

menkiboj Rookie

57 bucks i an F***load of money in croatia and i only want the F-117 v3. What do i do?

13. Svetlin_Simeonov

Svetlin_Simeonov Cadet

All V3 plans sells as a package. these plans came after long testing , building and drawing. the price is really good for what you get -5 very good planes. just get the money , It is not that much and really worth it. Dave and Scott did really good job on this so paying you support the RCPowers project - it is a lot more than a few pdf plans.

14. dsoleil

dsoleil Ace Pilot

Best deal going. Truly an amazing price for what you get. Or you can wait six months until they split it up. It's up to you...

Sent haphazardly complete with autocorrect errors from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2.

DavePowers likes this.
  15. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Not exactly sure what to tell you, but joining the site and then blasting some less than desirable language in your first post whether it is covered up in asterisks or not is probably not the best way to make friends, influence people and get what you want.

Perhaps you might want to try a bit more subtle approach in convincing the folks at RC Powers to break their V3 package into individual planes. Just food for thought. Good luck.

Cheers,

Scott

Airflow and DavePowers like this.
  16. skelator

skelator Cadet

I appreciated Dave and others sharing selling this to the community, but still $57 is like $180 (when converted that is) to me :), don't get me wrong I support Dave for what his doing, I even bought the Ultimate Master course few years back to support RC powers even thought I don't actually use them beside of only getting the V2 plan, if I can buy 1 Plan only I can already save up let say extra $49 to buy part instead of having a $57 plan and waiting for another 2-3 month to get part :), from marketing perceptive I think RCPowers can make more money by selling individual plane plan for like $12.90 per plan instead of 1 full packages for $57 buck in long run because for me $12 buck is affordable than $57 buck :)

Plus other users might take advantage of this situation like selling those plan without permission to desperate user that really want the plan, so in the end RCPowers will lost some revenue :)

Well that just my honest opinion if they gonna stick with the packages thing nothing much we can do about it and just look from behind :)

jagbccan likes this.
  17. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

If it helps you and others out any, you can now buy the package in 3 monthly installments of $19 per month, Dave Powers announced this on the V3 thread just before closing it down today.

Cheers,

Scott

Raptor3DPilot likes this.
  18. skelator

skelator Cadet

Ok $19 does sound reasonable now to me, but unfortunately the add cart button does not work on me for the $19 option, maybe it my connection

19. hwilton

hwilton Airman

I'm building with 3mm foam from poster board~~here is an idea for fuse if you are not in a hurry!
    Rather than score on outside, melt grooves on the inside, fold and fix with hot glue..... F117fuse.jpg FrontFuseF117.jpg
    More pics later~~~~H

jamesdr, sgf323 and me_telci like this.
  20. MartinT

MartinT Cadet

O man, that looks so much cleaner! Well done!