Eachine Racer 250

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by FED50H, Sep 12, 2016.

1. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

These are getting cheaper everyday. I got mine when it was on sale for around $140...but they are still coming down... I just got my Dx7 and started focusing on this again. A few more flights and I will be ready to try Fpv flights with it.

2. Nice! I am building a custom 250 size...

You should try the 5040 triblade props in that, you'll see a huge difference!
    Good flight!

F1wanabe and Wildthing like this.
  3. Kimpa

Kimpa Airman

Which RX do you use in the quad that works with Spektrum? :)

4. whatmovesyou

whatmovesyou Top Gun

Next step I bet you will be racing them!! A good way to pump up the Adrenalin.

5. Baufritz96

Baufritz96 Ace Pilot

Yes, you've finally been bitten by the quad bug :D
    I think the Eachine is a good way to start, but you'll outgrow it fast...

6. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

I know FPV Quad flying/racing is in my future, I just don't know when. I don't really want to do it competitively, but rather just experience it for fun. Someday for sure.

malukk likes this.
  7. Baufritz96

Baufritz96 Ace Pilot

My advice is to build your own quad from scratch, you'll get much better components than that Eachine thing has, and you know how to fix it when you inevitably plant it upside down onto the pavement ;)

Wildthing and BadAxeFlyer like this.
  8. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

I have a ton of the spares... Will tri blades provide longer flight times?

9. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Orange x.

JTiger likes this.
  10. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

The eachine parts are basically pieces they cobbled together... All replaceable afterwards... Nothing in this one is actually eachine branded. They basically put it together with the funny leds to look like a face. It is all separate components. So, they did the assembly. I do agree though... Learning how to build one is helpful... I have built a 450 quad and a tricoptor beforehand... But the price point on this one, assembled, was pretty good.

Wildthing and malukk like this.
  11. Flight times wont be affected much on these little things but you'll have a better response "throttle control" wise!

Wildthing likes this.
  12. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Thank you. I have a few 5 blades on order.. But the plan was to try them in the 80‰ mig 2.88....

Wildthing and malukk like this.
  13. 5 blade prop?
    That 80% mig would be a rocket :p

Wildthing likes this.
  14. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

They are the thin, gemfan ones... So it won't work on heavy planes... But light weight with a 2200 to 2600kv....i will let you know

malukk likes this.
  15. Let me know... In my experience they vibrate and make a lot of noise as you throttle up...
    But that was a while ago.. Would be interested to know if you see the same or any better.

FED50H and Wildthing like this.
  16. Dave748

Dave748 Ace Pilot

Kimba, you'll want a receiver capable of six channels. Spektrum has a new serial receiver specifically for quad racing FPVs and it works very well.

JTiger and Wildthing like this.
  17. Kimpa

Kimpa Airman

Which one is that? link link? :D
    I guess im gona build my first quad. Done alot of youtube and know what i want and what im gona build.
    But the only thing that confuses me is how to connect the reciever and what I need there. Hmm :I

Wildthing likes this.
  18. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

The control board should have instructions for you to know where to plug what

Wildthing likes this.
  19. Dave748

Dave748 Ace Pilot

Kimba, the connection from a flight receiver to the flight controller is straight forward. What requires more study is how to solder the power distribution board to the flight controller, and ESCs to the PDB and then to flash and program the flight controller. Which flight controller have you selected and which software are you using to flash and program the flight controller. I have enjoyed using Cleanflight.

Wildthing likes this.
  20. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

IMG_20181222_085333.jpg

IMG_20181222_085319.jpg IMG_20181222_085310.jpg

The stock camera was always very dark. Not the best time for a comparison, as the sun was coming up, but indoors, it is obvious that it is brighter and clearer. Hoping to get a test flight in today. For 23$ dollars, and plug and play...I'm content for now. I'd eventually like to upgrade the flight board, motors and escs to allow 4s...because it flies and turns like a truck...probably better to start from scratch ..but we will see what the budget and time allows.

Wildthing likes this.