DX6i and gyro setup

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by dtribby, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

"Oh no! Not this guy again!" Sorry Squishy - no joy with the seach of the forum - so I just gotta ask!

I just got my eSky Belt CPX setup with a DX6i and an Orange Rx. Everything is set EXCEPT the gyro. On startup, the gyro light blinks, but then goes out when the servos all set. Occasionally, though, it'll come on and work, like last night on the work bench. When I spin up the heli, things are okay until I get light on the skids, then she yaws violenty opposite the rotor direction. About the only thing that I haven't done - just occured to me - is to switch the NOR switch on the gyro itself, but that wouldn't explain the gyro going out anway, and besides, when it WAS working last night, it functioned in the correct direction. This gyro worked fine with the stock Tx/Rx combo. Any suggestions?

2. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

what servo's are in the copter? goes the gryo have a analog/digital swtich? if normal servo's you have to make sure it is set for analog....and with a new gyro double check your tail servo mounts..they can come loose..and with a new gyro pushing the tail link around it could push it loose...it's why i hate the "hanging boom" mount...and why i bought the EXI 450 with the hard frame mount...could also be the gian or the delay....check both and re-try....

3. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

The stock servos are all eSky 000155 digitals. Everything was working fine before I switched the Tx/Rx out. The stock gyro is the eSky 0704B.

4. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Stupid, stupid, stupid - ME... I figured it out. The yellow gain wire needed to be on the same side as the white wires from the other servos. I had it reversed. With no gain control, the gyro defaulted to rate mode, and with no REVO Mixing, no real way to fight the rotation. D'oh! All better now. Just have to fine tune it tomorrow morning if the dust storm subsides...

Thanks for the help Dan!!