Diatone GT2 Crusader 200 - Win or Fail??

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by DutchRC, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Halloa people :)

allrighty.. I had been eying the GT2 Crusaders for a while, and finally couldn't resist anymore ;)
    So.. I'm a bit late to the party on this one yes :p What is MY take on it though?? Let's find out..

Link to the quad: Diatone GT2 Crusader 200 BNF

I'll be releasing several video's on the quad (if I don't crash it to pieaces that is :p) ... So far I'm pretty happy with it, but have to add I have only done a handfull of flights with it by now ;)

To start with: my show & tell With first test-flight on the GT2 200 :)

Specifications:
    Wheelbase: 200mm
    Frame out off: 5mm carbon fiber
    Flight controller: Diatone F3
    Motors: Diaton D-Silver 2205 2300kV
    Propellors: 5045 x 3
    ESC's: Diatone 30A BLheli-S
    Camera: 600tvl HS1177 CCD with IR filter
    VTX: Diatone SP3 48ch - 25mW / 200mW / 600mW
    OSD: yes
    Lipo: 3S or 4S (not included)

BadAxeFlyer and Wildthing like this.
  2. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Cant see the vid till I get home. What I will say is you will NOT crash it to pieces. See how thick that frame is? lol. I got one for Xmas, but am FAR from being ready to fly something like that I have learned in the sim, although when the weather breaks I will try it out with stability mode. But I still cant fly in acro mode at ALL. But I LOVE the look and feel of this quad. Looking forward to your reviews.

Wildthing and DutchRC like this.
  3. :D good on you for taking it easy on this quad! What kind of quads Have you flown so far in-real-life by the way?? Practicing in the simm sure helps though :)
    Ghehe yes.. I don't think the base frame will come apart indeed ;)

4. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

I have only flown the toy quads. Various Sygma, JJRC, stuff like that. And now the Tiny Whoops. So while I can fly like a nut with the toys on stable mode, whip them thru the air every which way, as soon as stablize is off, I am lost. lol. I will get it in the sim eventually. Learning coordinated turns on racer quads is a lot tougher than learning them on an airplane. But in the end i know I am going to have a blast. :)

5. Yeah.. I can remember struggling to do nice turns with quads :) I fly mostly bank & jank in planes.. So I didn't use the rudder a whole lot :$
    But yep.. putting in a lot of time in the simm Sure helps :)

Wildthing likes this.
  6. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

If you are having any flight issues, this could be why. I think you need a 4th prop. ;) :)

DutchRC and Wildthing like this.
  7. 3 bladed props I ment by that :p

8. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Ahhhh, my bad. Watched the video. I am even more excited to own this now after your review. I had everything out today. Looks like I gotta solder my Rx wires to the PMP/SBUS connector to get it plugged into the FC. So thats next on the list for me.

9. :D

Ah yes.. I actually just used the Connector on the wire-harnass that came with the quad, and pressed the wrires (with metal tabs) into that.. Fiddly connectors those ;)

Wildthing likes this.
  10. Halloa rc people :)

it's been a while sinds I did a video on my GT2, but recently I had to put it on the operating table cause the VTX in mine had died :( Because I had to rip the quad apart anyway I Allso replaced the flight controller with a V3 version of it..

Link to the FX used: Diatone D-Link F3 flight controller V3

VTX used: Diatone SP3 VTX with OSD (unchanged)

Here is the how & why + before & after: