Blade Inductrix FPV Pro

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by GBLynden, Jun 10, 2017.

1. GBLynden

GBLynden Airman

This is the Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review for the new Blade Inductrix FPV Pro Micro FPV Drone.

In this video I compare it to some other Compact FPV Drones such as the Original Blade Inductrix, Poke FPV, and the Blade Nano QX2 FPV. I didn't buy an original Blade Inductrix FPV, which was modeled after the Tiny Whoop, but I did discuss some of the differences between the two in the video.

Here are my review notes:

Pros
    - It looks really cool
    - More responsive
    - 19,000 kv motors
    - An upgraded airframe for durability
    - Comes with a bigger battery than the original Inductrix
    - Maiden flight was nearly 4 minutes
    - 5.8GHZ FPV
    - It is BNF so I can use it with my Spektrum DX6
    - Betaflight configurable
    - It is lighter than the original Blade Inductrix FPV

Cons:
    - It is much louder than I expected
    - It experienes random shakes or "jumps" in the air
    - 25mW camera/VTX combo
    - The VTX gets hot pretty quickly

I am every curious to see how this performs outside as I hope it is something I can fly when I take out my EMAX Babyhawk too.

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  2. GBLynden

GBLynden Airman

This is the first outdoor flight video with lots of FPV footage :D

Flybyknight22 and Wildthing like this.
  3. GBLynden

GBLynden Airman

I finally made an indoor video with this thing!

4. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Nice review on the Inductrix.
    This is a great way to learn how to race quads with FPV goggles.

I was looking at one for awhile but decided to build a couple of inside FPV trainers for a little less money using the E010 tiny whoop.

If someone wants to learn how to race quads wearing FPV goggles one of the best places to start in my view (besides a sim) is with the Inductrix or better yet if you are on a tight budget you can get the Eachine E010 Tiny Whoop, then practice inside your house.

The Eachine E010 can be purchased for $15.95 which includes the TX controller, although the TX is rather slim.
    You remove the canopy and add a 20 degree tilt camera mount for $5 and an Aio FPV camera with built in 5.8ghz xmitter for $20.

For about $40 you basically have an Inductrix on the cheap.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Wildthing likes this.
  5. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Great video man!

The little Inductrix looks like crazy indoor fun flying.

6. I think I paid around $50.00 CA for mine and it was a complete kit other then I upgraded the motors to some RaceStar performance ones, made a world of difference.

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  7. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

if you watch the sale on bangood or tmart you can get a tiny whoop for around $11 now and again...then watch for a sale on a camera for like $18...a mount for $3 and some wiring and you can be all in for as little as $35..or less...i have one i built that way that works great....plus my original inductrix with a camera. The pro is cool but even when it was on sale it was a bit pricey. I may get a 90 size brushless whoop here in the spring..something with a bit more power for outdoor fun.

Nice review GB

8. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

I’m hearing you Jet.

These little guys are fun to fly around the house.

Mine is beat up pretty bad from Drilling it against the hall racing against my boys.

I need to do some wall painting now.

Never tried “tmart” May have to check them out.

Yup GB did do a nice job on the videos, it was fun watching him fly inside the house.

Weather sux right now so inside flying with these little puppies is the ticket.

9. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Do the batteries last longer running those motors Jeff or do they just give you a performance bump?

Wildthing likes this.
  10. I lost very little time, I think I still get around 5 minutes depending which battery I use. I have about 8 of them . These are the ones I used, https://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerst...l?rmmds=cart_middle_products&cur_warehouse=CN

They are under restocking right now, I wanted to get another set to try in my 50% F18 pusher, it has 3 motors back there but not enough umph.

11. GBLynden

GBLynden Airman

Thank you very much guys for your kind words about my videos for this. The FPV Pro is definitely more expensive than other FPV training options, but it is so much fun inside or outside.

I have reviewed a number of others and while they are fun/solid, this one is hassle-free and flies the best. Here are two that I have reviewed somewhat recently that compare reasonably well with the FPV Pro and cost less:

King Kong Tiny 6 (BNF):

NIHUI NH-010 Micro FPV Racing Drone (RTF):

FlyteTime and Wildthing like this.