Awesome 5 Years as FRCFoamies on RCPowers Forum!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by F1wanabe, Feb 7, 2018.

1. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Jay and I have both been on RCPowers for many years, but about 5 years ago we began our FRCFoamies partnership and we've really loved the support Dave and Shannon and the members of RCPowers have given us! Jay is from the UK and I'm from PA, so in summer of 2013 Jay flew out to the US and brought the plans to our F15 mkII which we build together in my basement.
    uploadfromtaptalk1374171272173.jpg
    A couple days later we drove down to Maryland to JettaManDan's fly in where we flew with Dan, Chip( FED5OH) and BJ (AsSoulsDream)- Awesome time flying especially night flying several Alpha Jets at the same time...
    large (5).jpg large (4).jpg large (2).jpg

We also took a tour of the Patuxent River Naval Air Station which gave us inspiration for several planes including our F18 and especially our Boeing X32 Guppy!
    large (6).jpg
    Last summer my wife and I visited Jay, his wife and kids in the UK and we got to fly together again when we released the Mig 29 twin prop..

Trying to convince Jay that he needs to bring his wife and kids back for a 5th anniversary visit and, of course, Dan can organize another JettaManDan fly in!
    On behalf of FRCFoamies, I'd like to thank Dave and Shannon for the opportunity they've given us on the forum, and we'd like to thank all the members on RCPowers that support us. Looking forward to an AWESOME 2018!
    Greg
    F1Wanabe

2. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

That was one of the most fun weekends ive ever had. The night flying was a blast. As well as Introducing Jay to some american Japaneese food...and some BBQ! I kept track and i went through 120 charged lipos! We flew almost non stop and i remember being so totally exhausted and sunburnt after that weekend I had to report to work late on the monday and shotgun advil all day! Lol!

I do hope we can get another GTG in this year. And have a blast once again. Ive been on RCP for 9 years now...and enjoyed every minute of it!

Congrats on the anniversary FRC!

Dan

EricR, malukk, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  3. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Oh, yes, the Japanese place! Excellent! I needed a stiff drink after the high speed ride in your Jetta :D
    evyqyge3.jpg

Wildthing likes this.
  4. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Let's put the pressure on Jay...

Wildthing likes this.
  5. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

here are some videos from that fly in...

6. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Happy Anniversary guys! I love the designs y'all have created and am happy to support you guys. Here's to another and another and another 5 year anniversary. Kudos to RCPowers for their support also! We all are like one big happy family. :) God bless and keep up the great work!

7. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Wow, great memories right there, felt like last year, never mind 5! Good times ahead, I'm sure!!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Thanks for your support and hope you can make it to the next fly in, flytetime!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shannon, Wildthing, hwilton and 2 others like this.
  9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

EricR, FlyteTime, F1wanabe and 2 others like this.
  10. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Thank you, Bimo, Dave and Shannon have certainly brought together a great group of people here on rcpowers forum. Such a great community of parkjet enthusiasts like yourself! Great work on your plans!

11. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

It was 6 years ago that i had spent the entire summer building and wrecking a simple f-22 profile foamy over and over again at a rate of about 1 week.... but oh boy did I learn a lot in all that. I was determined I am going to fly.

While researching model aircraft 5 years ago I stumble upon the RCP site and was impressed that I didn't see all the negative effect criticism and arguments that would tend to run over most other message boards. Help and genuine concern for someone posting even a stupid question was something new to me but... i quickly got comfortable with that much.

First RCP and then absorbing FRC under the same group played very well for me. Being just a ordinary user guy on the end, I was who benefited from the coordinated efforts and of course it created.
    .... more planes
    ... big improvements in design.
    ... better construction
    ... improved finished appearance.

... and yet they even flew better than expected upon each new release.

With continued new products releases, changes in construction materials and method of design ... It still remains a developing science. You have my attention and thank you.

Excellent work gang and I've had a pretty exciting ride so far.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  12. Thats very well said Tom! Truly, it has been a pleasure to meet so many of you guys over the years.

Congratulations Greg and Jay, its truly an honor to build and fly your designs!

Thanks!!

EricR, F1wanabe, TomMonton and 3 others like this.
  13. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Thanks guys !Jay and I appreciate that you guys helped us build prototypes and test for us over the years. Lots more of that in the future if you're up for it

Shannon, EricR, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  14. Looking forward to it for sure

Shannon, EricR, Wildthing and 3 others like this.
  15. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

.... dewd
    ..... the line forms here.

Shannon, EricR, Wildthing and 3 others like this.
  16. Argonath

Argonath Top Gun

wow, has it really been that long?

F1wanabe likes this.
  17. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Yes! Feels longer actually because Jay and I have been chit chatting on rcpowers since 2010 but it's been official for 5 years.

Shannon, Wildthing and malukk like this.