Hobbyking Customer service BAD

Discussion in 'Personal & Business' started by kjaenis, Jan 20, 2012.

1. kjaenis

kjaenis Rookie

I have had 3 orders with HK in the last 3 months and have seen there customer service go from OK to very bad.
    maybe others have had good service, Should I give HK another chance?

2. squishy

squishy Top Gun

They have never had good service, you get what you pay for...in fact I don't return things to HK, I just throw it away, it's too much trouble to bother, just order another, it's cheap anyway...

3. Argonath

Argonath Top Gun

I've never had a single issue with HK in any order I've made with them yet and no problem with anything I've gotten from them...

4. broderp

broderp Rookie

I've had one order come damaged. Its been over 3 months and I am still waiting for replacement parts. Shipping is also REAL SLOW....

The price keeps you comming back..

5. jschmidt

jschmidt Rookie

I would agree with this. I just recently ordered from HK and I am having a bad experience with them. My order cleared my account and it took a week to go from processing to shipped. I have chatted with them until I was blue in the face. Each customer service rep told me it was going to be two to three days for me to get my order. It has been thre weeks. Has anyone else had this problem?

6. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

@Kjaenis
    Wow, you dont say!

Attached Files:

7. crazypotatos

crazypotatos Cadet

From china I got my charger in 9 days. (from date shipped to date of delivery). It took them like 4 days to ship it because they were "busy".

8. ScottLott

ScottLott Administrator

I've always had my orders shipped within a few days of being placed, and the shipping always at the pace I paid for. I've also always gotten 100% what I ordered, so good things there.

Adding onto what Squishy said, I've gotten things before that just don't work or stopped working very quickly after I received the item (chargers, mixers, gyros, etc). When this happens, I just throw the item away and don't buy it again. I'd call it the cost of ordering cheap crap from China and taking the risk of dealing with a company outside of North America. At their profit margins I'm surprised they have enough spare cash laying around to have a customer service department that is paid to feed you reassuring lies.

If you're on a tight budget stick to parts we list on the master parts list or parts you've personally read/heard about at the field or on the forums. I've tested the stuff on the RCPowers master parts list and they work fine. Anything else, read reviews and expect to be disappointed.

9. JPowers

JPowers Cadet

im thinking about ordering from there something small to see how it goes and if it works well get the rest from there

10. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

No no no! JPowers if you are going to order from hobbyking, go all in. Their shipping is way to expensive to not order in bulk.

11. I have to agree with you.. I needed a small motor and esc but I still had like 300 grams to fill the cheapest shipping option. So I added lots of small parts I thought I could use and got within 1 gram :D

But so far I've never had a single problem with hk. Everything has arrived (though it takes a while) and everything has worked perfect

12. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

It really is hit or miss with hobby king.

13. JPowers

JPowers Cadet

so i should order everything i can and what if it does arrive or it's broken will paypal give me my money back or would i have to deal with HK?

14. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

No, they wont give you your money back. Not a chance. Which is why you you save a little bit more money and order from somewhere where you know the coustomer service is good. (grayson hobby)

15. crazypotatos

crazypotatos Cadet

You might have a chance with Paypal. They are pretty good about keeping buyers happy, not sellers haha

16. JPowers

JPowers Cadet

well i will have to read more but my friend said that paypal will give u your money back if it doesnt come or is the wrong thing or damaged. Which would be great!

17. JPowers

JPowers Cadet

HK says that they now have low shipping costs because they opened a warhouse in us is that true?

18. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

Yes but their warehouse doesn't cary a whole lot.

19. JPowers

JPowers Cadet

how can i find out what it carrries and how to order from there

20. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

On the home page, at the top, select your country and it will show what they stock.