Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

Grayson Hobby?

Discussion in 'Vendor Board' started by powerstroke, Mar 25, 2011.

1. i order everything from grayson hobby, shipping is fantastic, receive my orders in about two to three days, which is great. my only suggestion would be to throw some stickers in with orders say of 50 bucks or more, i mean come on, i'd have like 20 stickers by now.
  2. trobinson1230

trobinson1230 Cadet

HEY Basil, I just want to say thanks you for putting up with me. I know I can be a pain in the but some times. After your fast responce and 2 or 3 back and forths I came to know that the free shipping I thought I was cheeted out of was really my own fault for not clicking the right shipping button. So sorry man. At least this time I dident do it though the forum. Your new ticket system is working really good. thanks for listening to feed back and doing some thing about it. I do still stand by what I said about your free shipping needing work though.

I put that super meg jet that I just got from you on a new wildhawk and man it is cool. Thanks for the best motor I can find for its size the SUPERMEGAJET! That motor really pushes.
  3. henschel

henschel Rookie

I've placed about 8-10 orders, everything goes along great. I had a part missing from a shipment, told them about it. they replaced part & shipped Priority Mail, thats good service!
    Henschel
  4. 1morecrash

1morecrash Airman

grayson hobbies costumer service is amazing. i think we can all agree. but can i ask why they get so many orders wrong? isnt easier to just get it right the first time???
  5. ebennett34

ebennett34 Cadet

I have spent ALOT of money with grayson and they have NEVER gotten an order wrong, and everything I received within 3-5 business days.
  6. 1morecrash

1morecrash Airman

then you are a very lucky man!
  7. GraysonHobby

GraysonHobby Cadet

We have people packing 1000s of orders a month. We make about 1-2 'mistakes' a month. I am very proud of our employees as some orders are very complicated with many parts and combos.

It just the ones whos orders are 'messed up' are the ones who post. :)

I am always looking for way to update and fix our system. Thanks to all for the positive feedback.
  8. trobinson1230

trobinson1230 Cadet

Hi guys, I can say that I have had some orders show up wrong or broken. I have had some other things that I personally don't like about garysonhobby. More often then not I end up looking like an ass becuse it was some thing I did to mess up the order. I can say that when it is there fault they are very fast to make it right and there shipping is one of the fastes I have used. They even overnighted one order to me that was borken when I got it. My point is that no company is perfict and we all make mistakes. It is not the mistakes we make that count. It is what we do about them that count the most and Basil has alway done the right thing as long as you can prove that they are in the wrong. Thanks Basil for all you do to make this hobby abordable and beggener friendly.
  9. AaronHartwell

AaronHartwell Rookie

I just placed my first order with Grayson and also had a poor experience. I ordered a 50 amp ESC with external 5 amp BEC and they sent me a 50 amp ESC with an internal 3 amp BEC. They charged me for the more expensive ESC I ordered. I wrote them several e-mails and never heard back. I finally opened a support ticket via their web page and got an automatically generated e-mail saying that I was welcome to send back any products I was unhappy with at my expense and at a 15% restocking fee. No personal response. No apology. No offer to make it right. Nothing. Just a generic e-mail. I needed the BEC I ordered this weekend for a fun fly so I had to settle for what they sent me.

I am going to send back a Spectrum receiver that was in the order that I ended up not needing. Hopefully my credit card will get credited. Given what I've seen thus far from them I'm not optimistic.

Not a great first experience.

Aaron
  10. rskirken

rskirken Rookie

Basil,

Order # 28362 made a week ago. I got tracking information saying that UPS had received notification of shipment, but it still says they have not received the package for delivery. Opened a ticket up 3 days ago with no response, what's going on?

Ryan
  11. colorc

colorc Airman

could the firewall mount monster jet be converted to a reverse mount by tapping the shaft the other way? are you expecting a order of 2400 monster jets any time soon? what about 2600 4s gold lipos?
    thanks
  12. squishy

squishy Top Gun

I doubt it, that's why they are sold is several versions...
  13. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

You only do this with certain inrunner style motors (Turnigy has a couple that are like this). The MonsterJets are all outrunner motors (As far as I'm aware anyway), you can't tap the shaft the other way because the can spins.
  14. Tony

Tony Airman

You can tap the shaft through on most outrunners.
  15. WayneByerlyJr

WayneByerlyJr Cadet

I wish i could help you out here ... but it's WAY beyond MY ability ... I, **ME** personally have NEVER had the first problem with greysonhobby.com ... I've made 4 or 5 orders from them and i've gotten everything I ordered at fair shipping rates within short periods of time. I cannot say the same thing for nitroplanes.com

I made a big post about my experience there ... NO support.
  16. wynand

wynand Rookie

hi Basil. i'm trying from this forum as i do not get a response on my email or your 'service ticket'. problem is that i need to make a claim from paypal within a couple of days if you do'nt respond. i ordered (no 27124) from you 7 weeks ago and did not reveive anything. the tracking no you supplied (EC686578656US) does not help either. got confirmation from usps that the parcel was not delivered. your only response about 10/7 ago said you would look into the problem. you said it should have been delivered within 5 days not 5 weeks(at the time of enquiry). as your other custumers i do'nt want to add to your problems which are evident here i just need answers.
    much appreciated
    wynand
  17. wynand

wynand Rookie

me again. i tried to send a pm to grayson hobby but it wo'nt send because they exceeded their quota of messages and need to clear some before anybody can send them new ones. looks like a lot of people are looking for them.
    wynand
  18. wynand

wynand Rookie

still no response. nothing!
  19. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

wynand I think they're in the middle of moving locations to a bigger one which is why Basil might not be responding. I think if you go to their website you'll see something to that effect.
  20. wynand

wynand Rookie

thanks argonath.
    i eventually got a answer from a staff membr last night. it seems my ordegot lost in the mail somehow. all $300 worth of it. according to them it'll take 30-60 days to resolve the issue with usps. that'll take it to 4 months from the date of order. frustrating. guess i'm not the only one in this boat though. just have to wait and see.
    thanks anyway.