Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

Grayson Hobby?

Discussion in 'Notepad' started by powerstroke, Mar 25, 2011.

1. powerstroke

powerstroke Rookie

What is the deal with these guys? Are they a scam? I ordered from them and have received nothing!!:mad: Looks like I'm not the only one here that has had problems with them. Anybody have any suggestions?
  2. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Ace Pilot

Plenty of people have ordered stuff from Grayson and had a good experience.

Post your question on the official Grayson thread.
  3. ScottLott

ScottLott Administrator

4. zann6810513

zann6810513 Rookie

I ordered the the F22 kit and a radio from them a couple of days ago. I got everything with a couple of days. I just put in another order with them and the service was great.
  5. powerstroke

powerstroke Rookie

Well I have not received anything!!!
  6. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

Are you in the US or in another country? If you're not in the US expect a package anywhere from 4 - 8 weeks and you can blame US Customs for that one.
  7. powerstroke

powerstroke Rookie

I live in the US. I posted on their official thread. I hope this works. The guy before me on that tread posted 9 or 10 days before me has had no reply from Grayson.
  8. Tony

Tony Airman

I have ordered from Grayson several times and have been very happy.

How long has it been since you placed your order?
  9. Tony

Tony Airman

Nevermind...saw it in the other thread...
  10. dfarmercse

dfarmercse Rookie

I have made serval orders from them and never had a problem

Dave F
  11. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

same here..had one order that took some time but right after their move...perfect luck since then...
  12. powerstroke

powerstroke Rookie

I heard great things about them from other forums and thats why I ordered from them. Ive waited 22 days for my order, a order that I was charged for, and one they said was in stock. I would have just ordered else where if they would have said it was out of stock. When I order the radio and receiver it said it would be here in 4 days but now its been 22 days. I cant fly with out the radio and receiver. I KNOW you guys can understand the frustration of waiting to fly.

If any of you guys could light a fire under there rear Id appreciate it.
  13. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

it took 7 weeks for me to get my order but I live outside the US.
  14. fibo

fibo Rookie

I've made (or at least attempted) 4 buys from these guys at Grayson. I was really pleased with only one of them. Its not a bad shop, like Banana Hobby, but they are very slow compared to other stateside hobby shops, at least in my experience. And not so great with communication.
    I would send Heads UP in Florida all my business if they carried more inventory. I will in fact be placing an order today with them. It will ship out Monday, USPS 1st class, and be in my mailbox Wednesday, gaurantee it. And postage is only $2 bucks.
  15. iflyhinlo

iflyhinlo Cadet

Did you list more than one address in your address book? I made that mistake. I had my mailing addy listed for shipping and billing but I listed my physical address in my address box for large packages like foam. Somehow their automatic addressing machine skipped the 2 top addresses I listed and picked up on the physical address. That caused a lot of problems.
    Good luck.
  16. RCDestroyer

RCDestroyer Cadet

I order motors from them all the time and i've always recieved them on time.
  17. gewehermeister

gewehermeister Rookie

Power stroke ordered a spectrum radio dx6i and was told he would get it soon and still hasn't gotten it.1 month and counting no email responses,hmm seems to be great customer service huh. The whole point is that he was charged for a product that they didn't have and then they don't communicate. Sure the radios are not to be released til early may as per horizon but this info should have been relayed at the beginning, this comes from hh's site not even from grayson.
  18. powerstroke

powerstroke Rookie

gewehermeister You are correct! I did order the Dx6i and was supposed to get it on March 7th!! I have gotten email response a couple times now. Most were telling me "its on back order". Im like"No $h!t! When will I get it?" The last email I received was last week and they said the first week of April! Horizon is saying early May!!! WTF!! I dont even need the upgraded Dx6i! I NEVER fly with anyone but my brother and he flys with 5 year old radio that is not 2.4. I wonder if they will just ship me out a radio receiver combo with out the update.
  19. DevinWolfe

DevinWolfe Rookie

Per Grayson they had (10) DX6i w/o Servos "In Stock" (per an email, not website) yesterday and had promised to fill my backorder. My order was definitely placed after yours so if this is true, then yours may have been shipped out. I have not seen an automated message w/ tracking number so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

When I placed the order the radio was showing "In Stock" (March 20) and was changed to (Out of Stock) the FOLLOWING weekend after the rest of my order had been received, and is still showing "Out of Stock" as of this afternoon (April 2). After a few emails I was told it would ship Tuesday, it did not. Then I was told it would ship Friday, so hopefully the new "promised" ship date will actual be legit.

I guess I won't know until Tuesday when UPS comes by the office.
  20. powerstroke

powerstroke Rookie

I was told that EVERYONE (US dealers) get their radios from horizonhobby.com. If that is true grayson will not have dx6i until after horizon hobby in May. Does everyone(US DEALERS) get their radios from Horizon????