Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

2012 Offical Grayson Hobby Support Thread

Discussion in 'Notepad' started by GraysonHobby, Dec 28, 2010.

1. LeBuff

LeBuff Rookie

hey grayson, i ordered a MJV3, order number 26361, and it came with the incorrect collet size. i opened up a support ticket on your website but thought this may be a better way to contact you.
  2. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

Do you have any idea how much information you just handed the general public? You really should have posted that in a PM to Basil. I currently work for Google and let me tell you, with that information, I could clean you out.

The really bad thing here is that now it's posted in a public forum for the world to see and what people fail to realize is that once you put something out on the internet, it's there forever and there is NO taking it back.

I'm not taking sides here but dude, that really wasn't the best idea.
  3. chatch15117

chatch15117 Cadet

It's trivial compared to information already obtainable from "black market" sources. My information was leaked twice in data breaches at a University and also at Nemours.

http://www.nemours.org/mediaroom/news/2011/missingtapes.html

http://www.unf.edu/info/databreach/

I am fairly confident in my practices. I invite you to "clean me out" with simply my name and a case number. If anything the most you could do is close that case. My credit is on fraud alert so they will make you verify my identity with a bank account that has been open under my name for at least 6 months when doing something as simple as an insurance quote.
  4. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

That tells me that with what you posted here, will lead to far more information that can even locate you at home, tie into you phone to tag it's GPS for you location, etc. Never post any details on the internet like that.
  5. chatch15117

chatch15117 Cadet

Go ahead, my address is 901 brightwater circle in maitland florida. If you like to visit, let me know so I can call the security guard at the front gate to let you in
  6. bobdabilduh55

bobdabilduh55 Top Gun

I bought one of your 2250mah li-po "GOLD" edition battery in December 2011 (order #25466) . I used it two times. I charged it again yesterday. The cell balancer read the battery is fine. The charger said it's charged. However it won't discharge. It's not my ESC, etc, I tried another GH 2200 mah Lipo and the system is fine.
    What's up with this battery?
  7. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

Cool, I'll have the Burmese there shortly.
  8. roo_ster

roo_ster Rookie

Howdy:

I wanted to post an addendum to my support post:
    http://www.rcpowers.com/forum/showt...rayson-Hobby-Support-Thread&p=99677#post99677

(When vendors & products don't measure up, I squawk. When they perform well, I also squawk.)

The motor I bought, GH2212-13 (1000kv) just plain rocks for my Techone EPP Funfly Trainer (3S, 1000mah 25-45C lipos & 20amp GH ESC). I use a 9x5 GWS DD or DD prop and it has, in the words of a spectator, "Lots of giblets." Gobs of low-end grunt & acceleration. WOT is nearly perfectly matched for the prop & airframe, with just a little prop & airframe vibe starting at that point (I balanced the prop, BTW).

Motor and ESC are well-matched, too, with neither getting hot even when thrashed. All in all, the grunt allows a newbie, behind the power curve pilot to save his bacon with the application of nearly enough grunt to balance on the prop.

So, my poor experience with GH's less-than-stellar commo is attenuated by the quality and performance of their product.

Here is a build thread & review of my Techone EPP Funfly Trainer:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1546780
  9. bbamboo

bbamboo Rookie

Grayson Hobby,I need help with order support ticket #802128. It has been too long of a wait for this order.I need to know if it is going to be shipped or if I need to order another motor.
  10. WayneByerlyJr

WayneByerlyJr Cadet

To All Concerned:

I have made orders for airplanes, helicopters and parts from a number of sources. One of which is graysonhobby.com

And I cannot tell you, not with any degree of verisimilitude, how pleased I have been with their service.

1) The other day I placed an order for some parts. It arrived THE NEXT DAY. Granted, they are just outside of Atlanta, and I am (about) 60 miles north of Chattanooga. So it didn't have far to go. But I have never ordered anything from them that did not come in just a couple of days. Please keep in mind the the USPS is one of the worst run governmental agencies that was EVER created. My father, who retired from the USPS agrees with me. Agreed ... he is dead now. So keep in mind, no matter how good or how bad graysonhobby works ... Murphy works at the USPS.

2) I ordered, or started to order some glue from amazon.com the other day. $4 for the glue ... and they wanted $30 for shipping. Needless to say, I declined to complete the order. Now I'll admit that this is surely not representative of all vendors ... but it does illustrate that some vendors charge outrageous prices for shipping. Some will even sell you stuff at greatly reduced prices, and then charge you outrageous prices for shipping to make up for it. But I see neither of these practices from graysonhobby. The prices they have charged me for shipping have always been fair and reasonable for what was being shipped.

3) Packing. I'm sure you've seen it ... little eensy tiny parts come in boxes SO big that the parts being shipped get lost in the packing. I have NEVER had graysonhobby do this to me either.

4) Keep in mind, that if you have a problem that needs resolving, that graysonhobby uses a ticket system to resolve all contacts. If you have a question, start a ticket ... if you have a PROBLEM, start a ticket. And graysonhobby will get to it. They have always done so for me.

I've always received the items ordered from graysonhobby in a reasonable amount of time ... I was charged fair and reasonable shipping charges for those items ... the packing was consistent with what was being shipped ... and I have ALL my questions and comments solvled through graysonhobby's ticket system.

NOBODY is 100% accurate 100% of the time. Nobody. But my dozen or so experiences with graysonhobby have been absolutely positive. If I had to give them a rating of between 1 and 10, I would give them a 9.9 without hesitation.
  11. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

I would give Grayson hobby a 8.5/10, I wish that the carbon rods and music wire would have pictures of the rods not just one picture. Limited slection of connectors. The SMJV2 combo has been out of stock for a long time.
  12. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

Something is wrong!
    I ordered some parts on the 24 and it said it would be dilivered on the 30, well it is the 29 and the UPS says a shipping label has been created but it hasn't arived at their facility yet?
  13. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

I work for Google and I maintain a 100% stat at all times. Due diligence, cross your T's, dot your I's. It's all about taking the time to do the steps every time.
  14. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

You work for google? o_O
  15. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

16. GraysonHobby

GraysonHobby Cadet

Has this arrived?
  17. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

18. bebop

bebop Cadet

How long does it take for a ticket to get a reply? I placed one in your help desk and no reply. Maybe I haven't waited long enough.
  19. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

Depends. When did you open it?
  20. bebop

bebop Cadet

Well on my job I have to respond with in 24hr to a ticket request.I opened this on Wednesday.