Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

2012 Offical Grayson Hobby Support Thread

Discussion in 'Vendor Board' started by GraysonHobby, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

You stood around in the back of a truck? Gee, that sounds about as fun as watching paint dry... ;)
  2. ThePhotographyGuy

ThePhotographyGuy Rookie

Or spending useless time coming up with ball buster posts.
  3. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

I'm at work taking CUSTOMER SERVICE CALLS with a 98% satisfaction rating and need something to do in between calls.
    I Actually FIX more issues in a single day than you people seem to respond to based on comments and replies here.

So instead of taking pictures of people standing in the back of a truck why not try working on some of those Customer service issues Grayson seems to be famous for dropping the ball on.

If you can't take a joke (Which was CLEARLY indicated) then don't comment. For a Photographer you missed the part of the post they were talking about. The AMOUNT of stock they apparently moved. Composition, Content and lighting. Photography 101. Take a course.
  4. Raptor3DPilot

Raptor3DPilot Cadet

Basil from GH cleared my issues with a pretty good response time. I wasn't able to get through their customer support line the few times I called, but a PM and a post on RCPowers got everything cleared up.

Thanks for the assistance!

Not to mention that it was my screw up and I blamed GH for not sending me the correct amount of motor mount screws... darn magnetic screwdrivers!! HAHA. My bad... ;)
  5. ThePhotographyGuy

ThePhotographyGuy Rookie

oh snap....ya got me. By the way, I'm in the picture, not behind the camera.
  6. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

Nothing a tripod and the camera exposure timer won't fix.
  7. GraysonHobby

GraysonHobby Cadet

mr photo guy did save the day by having us move up in the trailer. or else we would have white legs and dark faces. ;)
  8. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

There's a setting on the camera to compensate for foreground / background lighting conditions so that regardless of the light conditions you can set the camera to take lighting into account and not get silhouettes or white out subjects when the picture is taken.

Just like on digital cameras now, if you take a picture of the sun for example, the point where the sun is will appear as a black dot. This occurs because the camera will blackout the region of sensors exposed to the sun to prevent them from burnout or damage.

I consider myself an amateur photographer and while I do not have a Digital SLR (yet. It has not been in the budget to get one) I do have a Manual 35mm SLR (Pentax ME Super) which I use often. When I go anywhere in the country, camping, vacation, etc, it's usually sitting on my lap while I'm driving and I am known to stop the car suddenly jump out and chase down animals in the brush to get a picture.

I did this on a camping trip in Algonquin Provincial park about 10 years ago and I slammed the brakes on and stopped on highway 60 through the park and ran after a moose. My Wife at this time yelled at me "You're banned from watching Crocodile hunter ever again and you're doing your own laundry!". Fine by me...

I waded through a small pond / marsh area to get up to a moose to take pictures. I have pictures of things like Fox sleeping (He was NOT a happy camper when the shutter clicked and I was like 10 feet away). Pictures of Grey Wolves at about 20 feet. Last July I went on a 10 day wolf census in Algonquin with an old colleague. I have a knack for getting really close to animals. Of course I often forget to consider what it is that I'm getting close to and realize what it is I'm close to when it takes notice of me (Like a female black bear and 2 cubs. That was an interesting experience to say the least. Ever try to swim while keeping a camera above the water and not get it wet? I have...).

a Basic photography night course will show you these nuances.
  9. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

Why dont your esc come pre soldered in the ESC and motor combos???
  10. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

Dare I comment? I think I'll let Basil answer this one. I'm pretty sure I know EXACTLY why they come that way and I agree with it.
  11. Tony

Tony Airman

12. Usaff22rapt0r

Usaff22rapt0r Cadet

So you can put your own connectors on it
  13. GraysonHobby

GraysonHobby Cadet

The MicroJet Combos now comes with a pre-soldered ESC

LINK HERE

But to answer your question...there are at least 5 different 'common' battery connectors out there. There is no way for us to keep stock of every ESC with Every connector.

We have the few 'most popular' plugs, so all that is required is just a quick solder of two wires.

What we see that are popular are T-Plugs (Deans), EC3 (E-flite), Anderson Power Poles, 4.00mm looking bullet connectors, JSTs, then the several car connectors which many folks use for their airplanes
  14. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

Well the battery connector does not have to come soldered but the motor bullet connectors should come pre soldered
  15. Tony

Tony Airman

Why...

Learning to solder (if you don't know how already) is part of this hobby IMO...

The only ESC's from anywhere that come with connectors presoldered (that I know of) are the ones that Basil linked to in his last post.
  16. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

he already explained that people use different types of connectors for different pieces. I have seen ESC's that come pre-soldered with a 3-prong banana style plug. So if they put 3 female bullet connectors on it and your ESC's all have 3-prong banana style plugs, you have to remove one of the other and buy new plugs.

If they come with no connectors you put on what you use. Everyone uses something different for various reasons and as Tony says, Soldering is part of the hobby.
  17. bob4104

bob4104 Rookie

Hello,
    I sent you an email about returns on Saturday. I haven't received a response yet, so I'm gonna copy the email here, minus order number (which I can PM):

Hello,
    I recently ordered the Dynam 2.4g 6 Channel Flight Pack w/o Servos (http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/dynam-channel-flight-pack-servos-p-1208.html) and upon initial testing, realized that channel 5, the gear switch, does not work. This channel is supposed to control another servo, but instead, it simply arms or disarms the motor. In addition, I was under the impression that all six channels could be used for an airplane, but upon testing realized that channel 6 is an idle-up switch. I am wondering if there would be a way for me to return the radio and receive a refund. The radio is still in perfect condition, has not been flown, and I have all of the original packaging and the receipt.

Thank you,
    Jordi
  18. GraysonHobby

GraysonHobby Cadet

Sorry I missed that email, but thanks for letting me know. I sent a PM on how to return it

Thanks

Basil
  19. thejanitor86

thejanitor86 Rookie

you got a PM from me.
  20. GraysonHobby

GraysonHobby Cadet

Ditto :)